Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forgotten Hollow and Forgotten Grotto?

I wonder if there will be a connection between these two. Doesn't Forgotten Grotto have bats inside the cave? Perhaps Forgotten Grotto will have things added to it?

You can also catch Batfish;

xbatfish.jpg.pagespeed.ic.pu96HVvgV2.webp

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited January 2017
    Good eye! But I hope not! I don't want the new world to be a special lot or a mini-destination a la Sixam :( at this point I'd even be happy with a 4-lot world like Magnolia Promenade.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Good eye! But I hope not! I don't want the new world to be a special lot or a mini-destination a la Sixam :( at this point I'd even be happy with a 4-lot world like Magnolia Promenade.

I think we're getting a new OR type world, but they may add more depth of reason to visit for Forgotten Grotto.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I think we're getting a new OR type world, but they may add more depth of reason to visit for Forgotten Grotto.

That would be cool. I always like it when they expand on base game stuff. I've actually never visited the Forgotten Grotto myself (didn't really see the point since I'm not a collector). Although the new world looks like it's very far away from oasis springs (far North), so I wonder how they'd make the connection?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

That would be cool. I always like it when they expand on base game stuff. I've actually never visited the Forgotten Grotto myself (didn't really see the point since I'm not a collector). Although the new world looks like it's very far away from oasis springs (far North), so I wonder how they'd make the connection?

I'm guessing due to the Batfish, and broken items inside (toilets etc) that Vampires once used the Cave to escape the Sunlight?

My guess, anyway. I don't think they'll connect them, but perhaps it's one area where an existence of them are in the main world.

Perhaps Vampires might get a special moodlet or can do something special in the area? I'd love them to elaborate, because it was quite clearly habited by Vampires.
  • Options

I'm guessing due to the Batfish, and broken items inside (toilets etc) that Vampires once used the Cave to escape the Sunlight?

My guess, anyway.

I like the idea! Even if it's not officially done, I'll probably include it in my story! I may create a vampire in Oasis Springs that spends the day hiding away in the Grotto!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like this idea, too. Just add a cave opening to the spooky mansion and the vampires can hang out there.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I like this idea, too. Just add a cave opening to the spooky mansion and the vampires can hang out there.

True! With BuyDebug, you should be able to add the Grotto cave object to the world, so you can travel between them.

dHycAIa.jpg

Or maybe add the Cave in the basement. Imagine, a secret cave in the basement. Sounds pretty cool to me ^^
  • Options

True! With BuyDebug, you should be able to add the Grotto cave object to the world, so you can travel between them.

dHycAIa.jpg

Or maybe add the Cave in the basement. Imagine, a secret cave in the basement. Sounds pretty cool to me ^^

I didn't know the buyabke Grotto was functional :O I love the idea of putting it in the basement!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017

dHycAIa.jpg

I didn't know the buyabke Grotto was functional :O I love the idea of putting it in the basement!!

The Alien wormhole, tree to the Glade and Grotto cave are all functional. Aliens can travel to their world via portal, Vampires can travel to the Grotto.
    Also, if we get Fairies, I guess they can use the Glade as a hideout too ^^

It's kinda awesome that we can throw a world basically in the basement. I don't know if that takes the special factor away, but I like it non the less.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    The Forgotten Hollo reminds me of Midnight Hollo . It was a creepy ,dark, gothic and fun world of the sims 3 . Maybe we're getting a reboot, or inspiration base on that world. ;)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    The Forgotten Hollo reminds me of Midnight Hollo . It was a creepy ,dark, gothic and fun world of the sims 3 . Maybe we're getting a reboot, or inspiration base on that world. ;)

YES! I loved Midnight Hollow. It was so creepy and different than the sunshine places we've had before. It was definitely a nice change in pace.

OP: Nice Catch. I was thinking the same thing.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am hoping for everything to be in the pack, even Fog and a dead tree with a noose hanging from it, a Crypt, coffins , Graveyards the works, I can not wait to see what else they show for tomorrow, I am glad they are finally adding in a Dark town or world, been waiting from day 1, Whoot!!!, :)
  • Options
    RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member

dHycAIa.jpg

The Alien wormhole, tree to the Glade and Grotto cave are all functional. Aliens can travel to their world via portal, Vampires can travel to the Grotto.
    Also, if we get Fairies, I guess they can use the Glade as a hideout too ^^

It's kinda awesome that we can throw a world basically in the basement. I don't know if that takes the special factor away, but I like it non the less.

I wondered when the base game came out if those eyes in the bushes in the glade were a sign that we might have fairies/fae or even possible elves in the future. I had certainly hoped so. I think my sims will be travelling the world and doing things so I can see if there could be other suggestive ideas laying around. At least it will get them travelling. HAHA. Great thing to point out Jack_Jack.
  • Options

dHycAIa.jpg

I have a household of aliens in disguise that crashed in OS. Their ship needs blue crystals to power it for their return home, so I placed a cave opening on their lot so they can mine the grotto for blue crystals.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

My guess, anyway.

I like the idea! Even if it's not officially done, I'll probably include it in my story! I may create a vampire in Oasis Springs that spends the day hiding away in the Grotto!

That's a great idea to make it a place for vampires. With the small lot that is buildable, one could make it quite comfy for them!
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

My guess, anyway.

That's a great idea to make it a place for vampires. With the small lot that is buildable, one could make it quite comfy for them!

That could be where their coffins are hidden.
  • Options
    IsabrluckyIsabrlucky Posts: 6 New Member
    I think it would be cool since we got the update with the SW stuff, to be able to build a lightsaber with the crystals... just saying!!!

P.S. Plz EA make it happen !!!
  • Options
    abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    That's a great idea! I hope that EA make this!