Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any one ever play a lazy sim?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I have honestly never played with a sim who has the lazy trait. But now there is the one sim who keeps coming around my sim, and he has the lazy trait. Has anyone ever played with a sim who has the lazy trait? If you have, what type of sim are they? What I mean is there are some traits that make sims a bit annoying more than others, is this one of those traits?

Comments

• Options
    I play a lazy sim pretty frequently. The only big things I've noticed is that they like to take a lot of naps and they tire very quickly if you try to make them exercise.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Lazy Sims aren't as negatively affected by cheaper, less comfortable furniture. They can also nap in chairs while other Sims can't. They make for good writers, since they can sit longer at the computer than most other Sims (even more so with the power naps right there in the chair if you want, lol). Supposedly they lose energy faster if they exercise and whatnot, though I haven't noticed a big enough difference to matter.

It's a decent trait to have for Sims in starter homes or writer Sims, maybe even gamer Sims. If you have a full household, it's good to have a Sim or two with this trait as well, because you can have them nap in chairs and can get away with fewer beds and couches if money is tight. I wouldn't say it's an overall negative trait, unless you usually like to play more active, athlete type Sims instead. It's the least annoying of any of the 'negative' traits at the very least.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    frogkiss1frogkiss1 Posts: 248 Member
    Lazy sims are fun. You can buy cheap beds and they don't care they can sleep anyplace. As stated they don't like to exercise or clean.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited December 2016
    They hate fixing things and cleaning things.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I make my lazy Sims do the cleaning and cooking and exercise or else they'll get overly fat and my Sims hate it! I push their limits! LOL :wink:
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Just never wake up a lazy Sim... They get angry lol
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Quaay wrote: »

I didn't know that, that's funny! The only thing I find annoying about lazy sims is they immediately get uncomfortable or tense if you make them excersize or clean. But I feel like it's one of the few traits that actually gives sims a bit of personality, so I enjoy it.
  • Options
    Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    Quaay wrote: »

I didn't know that, that's funny! The only thing I find annoying about lazy sims is they immediately get uncomfortable or tense if you make them excersize or clean.

As a lazy human, I can confirm this is accurate! :D

I enjoy playing lazy sims too as it does add a slightly different style to look after your sim. Mine usually have to be careful with what they eat since they don't like to exercise as much and I don't want them to gain too much weight.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    One of the only lazy sims I play happened to roll Bodybuilder as an aspiration. Just getting her started was a pain since she's a chronic napper, but now she sometimes exercises by herself.
    It doesn't last long, but I like to pretend there's progress. LOL

She also refuses to do dishes around the house, so her other siblings usually clean up.
    I didn't know that little tidbit about them getting angry when they're woken up. That's a cute feature!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Yes they are hilarious when you try to make them exercise. :D
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

True. Which is also the only slightly annoying thing about them because once they get fat, it's really, really hard to make them lose weight again ^^
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2016
    SimTrippy wrote: »

True. Which is also the only slightly annoying thing about them because once they get fat, it's really, really hard to make them lose weight again ^^

That's what the ice cream diet is for :p
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

That's what the ice cream diet is for :p

Haha wouldn't that just make them fatter?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have a lazy sim who cleans up often.

Have a neat sim live with a slob sim. That's fun.
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    The lazy trait is one of my least favorite ones. They always want to take a nap. There are some traits that I just avoid because they are more trouble than they are worth. Lazy is one of them.

I am going to be avoiding the new vegetarian trait as well. It's too much work for me. They are always getting sick and I have to be careful of what I can cook for the family.

Unflirty is a really hard trait as well. It's so difficult to get them a date.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Vegetarian? Unflirty? I don't seem to have these.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Vegetarian? Unflirty? I don't seem to have these.

Those are new traits from the City Living Expansion Pack.