Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there crushes in this game?

Something happened in my game, that made me wonder this. What happened is I'm playing a teenage girl, and she made a friend, he is a young adult male. He is always calling her up to hang out, go to dances, asking her out to eat a restaurant and so on. They are not romantically involved, well because she is a teen and he is a young adult. She does not have the jealous trait, in case any are wondering. Anyways he called her up and invited him over to his home, and she discovered that he is married, and has a baby. When his wife gave him a romantic hug, that did not go over very well with the teen. She didn't say anything, but there was a little red negative sign above her head when she witnessed this. So it got me to wondering if there might be a hidden crush type of thing going on here?

Comments

• Options
    InkimityInkimity Posts: 4 New Member
    I think it's just a general game bug for random friendship deductions to happen (Just the sign, not an actual deduction). Did the minus signs only appear over her head or was it shared with the guy? Did it appear over the head of the girl he hugged?
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited December 2016
    No.

There is nothing sweet, innocent or even subtle in the sims 4.

Sims just get randy and jump into bed with whomever. The game is all party/ hook-up culture and zero substance.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I know there are moodlets (usually sad) when a sim sees their crush with another. I have yet to experience it though

I looked at the list of moodlets. It might be "drifting love"
    Unless it's for actual couples, i dunno
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Something happened in my game, that made me wonder this. What happened is I'm playing a teenage girl, and she made a friend, he is a young adult male. He is always calling her up to hang out, go to dances, asking her out to eat a restaurant and so on. They are not romantically involved, well because she is a teen and he is a young adult. She does not have the jealous trait, in case any are wondering. Anyways he called her up and invited him over to his home, and she discovered that he is married, and has a baby. When his wife gave him a romantic hug, that did not go over very well with the teen. She didn't say anything, but there was a little red negative sign above her head when she witnessed this. So it got me to wondering if there might be a hidden crush type of thing going on here?

No unfortunly. The game is lacking in the Romance Area just like with Family. Sims can't even slowdance together and have very few kiss types. Like the other post said it's probebly a bug.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited December 2016
    Kids don't like seeing adults kiss. There's a thoguht bubble with lips crossed over. I think it's a pretty new thing, noticed it after CL came out.

That's the neighbour's kid:
    11-29-16_10-13-04PM_zpsfwa2mc1l.png

That's their own kid:
    11-28-16_9-43-28PM_zpsn6geudky.png
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    No.

Sims just get randy and jump into bed with whomever. The game is all party/ hook-up culture and zero substance.

Hey, Capt. Buzzkill, that is not true. This game is pretty much what you make of it. If that is what your Sims are up to, it's pretty much on you.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    It is best not to have Sims kissing if a kid is hungry - it makes them worry if any food is being secretly passed from one Sim to another.

It won't happen with a well-fed kid - they just don't care when they are full up.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    No.

Hey, Capt. Buzzkill, that is not true. This game is pretty much what you make of it. If that is what your Sims are up to, it's pretty much on you.

Nope, thats how they are coded. Shallow. There is no attraction system or memories. Sims don't have any preferences and will sleep with anyone. They even get whims to woohoo whoever. Sims don't have any personality. All sims act the same.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    On the upside, there's nothing stopping you from playing it out as if it's the way you imagine it, making little puppetmaster maneuvers here and there to keep your internal story on track.

At a certain point, one could argue that if your imagination is sufficient, the line blurs between the game telling you what is happening and you telling it what is happening.

But that said, I'm always in favor of systems that supplement and inspire the imagination. I'm just saying, it doesn't have to be a case of, "No, X is not the game, so you shouldn't think of it in X way."
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Triplis wrote: »
    On the upside, there's nothing stopping you from playing it out as if it's the way you imagine it, making little puppetmaster maneuvers here and there to keep your internal story on track.

At a certain point, one could argue that if your imagination is sufficient, the line blurs between the game telling you what is happening and you telling it what is happening.

But that said, I'm always in favor of systems that supplement and inspire the imagination. I'm just saying, it doesn't have to be a case of, "No, X is not the game, so you shouldn't think of it in X way."

Whats then stopping me from buying a couple of barbie dolls and using my imagination. The sims series used to be so much more than that and I think it's sad how often complaints about the shallowness of sims 4 is met with "use your imagination".
  • Options
    Whats then stopping me from buying a couple of barbie dolls and using my imagination. The sims series used to be so much more than that and I think it's sad how often complaints about the shallowness of sims 4 is met with "use your imagination".
    This is the first time in memory I've given such an answer, so for me, there is no "often." I'm simply pointing out that the guy (or gal's) imagination was already going in a particular direction, regardless of whether crushes exist in the game, so no point in not taking advantage of that.

Nothing is stopping you from buying a couple of barbie dolls. The difference is, there is a lot of detail work that the sims fills in for you. How it compares to other games, I don't know. I haven't played the other ones and I don't know the comparison. I'm sorry you feel it's declined. I know you're not the only one who feels that way. I'm simply encouraging the guy to enjoy the place he was already heading in.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    The difference is, there is a lot of detail work that the sims fills in for you. How it compares to other games, I don't know. I haven't played the other ones and I don't know the comparison.
    This explains that.

• Options
    Candyd wrote: »
    This explains that.
    Explains what?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member

I found myself having to 'use my imagination' more starting with Sims3, for that matter. And, please, let's not diss Barbie. I played with that doll until I was sixteen. Would have been nicer to have had the Sims at that time. But, we didn't even have PCs, yet, so I was just ahead of my time, LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited December 2016
    This explains that.
    Explains what?

What I mean is that if this is your first sims game, restrictions in gameplay can't be as much obvious as they are to people who have played previous versions.
  • Options
    This explains that.
    Explains what?

What I mean is that if this is your first sims game, restrictions in gameplay can't be as much obvious as they are to people who have played previous versions.
    Oh, I see. That makes sense.