Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you excited for in Sims 4?

We have now gone through two and almost a half year with Sims 4. The game has had its ups and downs, joys and disappointments. I have not gotten all I wanted and some things I miss dearly but other things I have greatly enjoyed. I do find the current team is doing a good job in many aspects, there are little gems hiding in each pack that make my game richer. As a rotational player the bugs even sometimes bring a weirder twist on my game. Just recently one of my families got a good 50.000 simoleon donation via huge stack of guitars in a sims inventory (I have of course reported the bug amusing or not)

I love checking out the rumor and speculation section and to wonder what might come in the future. So I figured I might ask you all wonderful sim players what are you most excited for and perhaps as a little extra, what is your favorite thing in the current iteration?

What is my favorite thing?
I love the small interactions that come with children or even some of their cute little moodlets. My all time favorite is the unwanted new sibling one being an oldest child I can relate to the shock of suddenly not being the only child in the home. This is especially rewarding when the kids then end up being best friends.
Another thing is the clothes and hair, I really like cartoony styles and the Pixar like art style fits well and I think I have never had as many hairs and clothes I use frequently on my sim as I have had in this iteration.

What am I most excited for?
Snow and seasons of course, the variety of interesting gameplay that might follow. Also living in Iceland (we don't have a forum that is why I am here) I do kinda miss snow in my game especially with current climate and utter lack of snow so far this winter.

The t-word, because they would be just so cute in this art style.

Pets, same reason as above, just so adorable and with pets in my own home I feel they are needed.

New life states like perhaps fairies, vampires...I would love mermaids back though I think it's unlikely.

Finding out what they will make next. So far the teams have managed to surprise me quite frequently. The new club system and most game packs and stuff packs have been a pleasant surprise though not all the first once were not that great but they have been getting a lot better.

Comments

• Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,097 Member
    It would be nice to actually take a boat out on the water and fish off shore.

• Options
    jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    I agree, Seasons, Pets and Toddlers. I also wish the unplayed households would go about their life to make it more realistic...(moving out once they turn to young adults, marrying and having babies)
  • Options
    xJawdinxJawdin Posts: 42 Member
    Vampires (and witches if they go with a making magic type expansion, I prefer witches over vampires)
    tumblr_ncmw3fJCnf1sz111so1_250.gif
  • Options
    MalisityMalisity Posts: 145 Member
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    It would be nice to actually take a boat out on the water and fish off shore.

Oh that one is quite interesting, I did like the houseboats in sims 3 but coudln't play with them much as Isla Paradiso was to broken even with mods fixing it :/ But with sims 4 being more stable I would love that.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I like that they are going in depth with the experiences with the packs they give.

What I'm still really hoping for is a cruise holiday and a farm expansion. Those are my biggest wishes for Sims 4
  • Options
    jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    I wish they would come out with another vacation destination to the beach! Gets pretty boring going camping all the time.
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I'm really excited for vampires; they've been my favorite thing to play with since I got the Sims 2 Night Life. I am hopeful for toddlers in the future, and I'd love to see more supernatural-type stuff like faeries, witches, and maybe some expansion of the dragons we got in Makin' Magic or Dragon Valley. :)
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Singing while playing the piano or the guitar :flushed: The most amazing feature ever! I'm excited for this because I'm not buying any TS4 products until/unless toddlers return. I don't think I'll get the chance to play this in this iteration, but hopefully this will be a gameplay feature they incorporate in TS5. If TS4 ever does put toddlers back in the game, then I will definitely be buying the CL pack for this feature! It's way too awesome :+1:
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    What is my favourite thing?
    The club system, because it gives me some control over the inactive sims. As a rotational player I'm very protective over all my sims and want the game to play them "correctly", that is, the way I imagine them. So the club system goes a long way to create immersion for me.
    I also love the semi-open neighborhood and collecting and all the comfort functions (copying households, rooms and lots, the unisex CAS, same clothing for teens and up, easy household management).

What am I most exited for?
    At the moment I'm most exited to go to San Myshuno eventually. In the long run I'd love to see CASt return and it would be awesome if hair and beards actually grew and got dirty. Doing laundry, lawn mowing and sweeping/vac cleaning. Jackets as accessoires.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited December 2016
    Jackets as accessoires.

Yes.