Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims franchise might take over the world with this new VR route in gaming...

JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
edited April 2016 in The Sims (2000)
Have you guys seen the videos for thes Virtual Reality systems? Imagine playing The Sims on one of these. I mean a virtual reality game played on a sytem designed for virtual reality...Watch the demonstration videos right on the Steam site...
or the youtube video here

With a couple additional tweaks to cater to the VR gameplay, this kind of system could potentially boost TS' audience by the masses. I mean, playing the Sims is one thing....but playing in the Sims....? People would become addicted. Bring back 1st person view, and people could potentially just become whoever they want...

(sorry if this is old news! I do live under a rock but I just found out about it!)

edit: I'm not sure how to embed videos, but if anyone wants to embed and post, that'd be great!

Comments

• Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited April 2016
    That is freaking amazing! Don't worry, I live under a rock too; as I had no idea about this until this thread. lol! The Sims would be .. literally.. mind-blowing, if they could do this with this system. When the little girl was playing with the futuristic (?) dog, that definitely seemed like this could really work with Sims.

I'd love different kinds of views, though and not just first person. (: Scenery pictures and stuff would be amazing.. because some of those games looked so detailed and life-like.

Thanks for sharing!

*Edit* Oh my gosh! I just thought of something. This system with a Seasons Expansion Pack and Supernatural. OH MY plums.
  • Options
    SaraStrange22SaraStrange22 Posts: 35 Member
    Ever since the VR release I've been anxiously waiting for some of my favorite games to be available for it...including The Sims. One can dream, I guess. If it does happen I'll be so stoked!