Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Video Recording Issues

Comments

• Options
    SimtasticgallerySimtasticgallery Posts: 18 Member
    Please help me!! I'm recording my second YouTube video for The Sims, and it's a Machinima, the point is: When I record on my game the video everything seems to be okay, it doesn't even lag or we'll get stuck. (sorry for my English I'm not a native speaker) anyways, I have the quality settings with high settings even for the video, the computers seems to be normal. . .

BUT the main problems that is really bothering me right now is when I go to the recorded video files, everytime except for a few ones, the video looks okay. But suddenly it always have a small but annoying detail in each video, that makes to delete and try to record again(I tried several times) and it's still the same(It looks like when the Tv doesn't have signal and doesn't shows you something more than a black and white screen with blurry dots, you know what I'm saying?) I'll put an image but I really don't know how to do it on my iPhone. D: but there on the videos it looks only like for a few second but I don't like it! I want to fix it! D:
    Help me to record again! What can I do? I deleted the recorded video files yesterday and I'll try to record today again D: but what happens is that still happening? I'm desesperate! D:

• Options
    HyashiHyashi Posts: 39 Member
    hm.. I haven't really had the issues you talked about, but I have had grainy video issues which was resolved by going to device manager and updating my video card...
  • Options
    SimtasticgallerySimtasticgallery Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks :D I fixed it repairing my computer with a fabric reset haha
  • Options
    GLEichholzGLEichholz Posts: 129 Member
    I have two questions.

1. What version of the Sims are you using?
    2. Are you using the in game video recorder?

I have had this problem with both TS3 and TS4, but it was more than just a small spot or two, it was the entire video. I had to go to using a video recording program other than the one in the game. I used FRAPS for quite a while but I've started using Shadowplay (if you have an NVIDIA graphics card, it's free and part of the NVIDA Experience software). AMD/Radeon has their own version called Raptr GVR that is part of their driver software and free to use.

If you ever have an machinima questions feel free to message me, I'm always happy to help :)