Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Mac lap top for sims 3+

X posted now twice... Sorry admins. Want to get this to the right place

"Looking for a Mac lap top that will play all sims 3 and maybe sims 4 not looking for super fancy but something that will make the play enjoyable. A link to a laptop would be great and maybe the specs of what I might like it to have. I know someone who works in refurbishing but he has no idea when it comes to sims. So I need to know exactly what I'm looking for. Right now I have 2009 Mac and it can run sims 3 base game but pixelates sims anytime you move the camera and moves at a snails pace. Tia"

Now I read the first post, and if I am
Correct I really won't be able to play both 3 and 4 on the same
Lap top due to issues with the sims 3?

This being said. I love my sims 3... I have sims 4 but really haven't played it. We have an Apple TV so my hubby was hoping I'd get a Mac. I'm kinda lost on what to buy. Is there a happy medium anywhere?

Comments

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member

Well, the higher spec. 15" MacBook Pros and the 27" iMacs both have AMD graphics which don't seem to cause as much of an issue playing Sims 3, but there is no guarantee it will work. Sims 3 always works better in Windows so you could always Boot Camp your Mac and play Sims 3 in the Windows partition and Sims 4 in the OS X/macOS partition.

Sims 4 should play ok on a 13" MacBook Pro, slightly better on the entry level 15" MacBook Pro and amazingly on the high spec. 15" MBP. It will struggle on a MacBook Air over time as more content will cause lag and heat. And don't even think about the new MacBooks. It may work initially but the machine probably won't after a while, it's very underpowered for gaming.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    PocaPoca Posts: 0 New Member

Well, the higher spec. 15" MacBook Pros and the 27" iMacs both have AMD graphics which don't seem to cause as much of an issue playing Sims 3, but there is no guarantee it will work. Sims 3 always works better in Windows so you could always Boot Camp your Mac and play Sims 3 in the Windows partition and Sims 4 in the OS X/macOS partition.

Sims 4 should play ok on a 13" MacBook Pro, slightly better on the entry level 15" MacBook Pro and amazingly on the high spec. 15" MBP. It will struggle on a MacBook Air over time as more content will cause lag and heat. And don't even think about the new MacBooks. It may work initially but the machine probably won't after a while, it's very underpowered for gaming.

What about MacBook pro 13 w/ retina, and with these specifications (Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory: 16 GB) ??!
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    @Poca if it has Intel Iris/Iris Pro graphics then Sims 3 will be pretty much unplayable.

Sims 4 should be fine, for now.
    apple-signature.png