The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What can i do about...

What can i do about speeding up the time in the game? Even when i press the third one or ultra speed it takes FOREVER to get through something! I know other peoples' times are working just fine, so is there anything i can do to make mine go faster??? :(

Comments

• Options
    melissawarholmelissawarhol Posts: 133 New Member
    edited June 2009
    A new video card and some RAM!
  • Options
    Lindsay46Lindsay46 Posts: 68 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It hasn't worked for me, but people have suggested turning your graphics down to low.
  • Options
    melissawarholmelissawarhol Posts: 133 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That too.
    It's still pretty slow for me though. :?
    I need rammmmm
  • Options
    kodi4394kodi4394 Posts: 232 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I need more RAM. My whole game together is pretty slow. I just leave my time on 1. It doesn't work on any of the others! :?
  • Options
    faithmfaithm Posts: 365 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My ultra fast speed on sims 3 on my slow computer is about as slow as a rank between medium and slow on my fast computer.
  • Options
    DascorpionDascorpion Posts: 91 Member
    edited June 2009
    Does this have anything to do with your sim lifespan? I think I noticed that when the lifespan was on the "epic" it's not fast. I don't know for sure though.
  • Options
    kaidensmommykaidensmommy Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What can i do about speeding up the time in the game? Even when i press the third one or ultra speed it takes FOREVER to get through something! I know other peoples' times are working just fine, so is there anything i can do to make mine go faster??? :(

wait 4 a patch
  • Options
    TerriDactyleTerriDactyle Posts: 136 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oddly, my times ran real slow until I turned my graphic capabilities up, not down. Ever since I put everything on high, the time started speeding up.

• Options
    JordyTheSimmer10JordyTheSimmer10 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i find that the times are really slow ;l
    but i got a new graphics card and i have 3GB of RAM so i dont think thats the case, it could possibly be the game? I think we should just wait for a patch maybe who knows! :wink:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    edited June 2009
    I read that if you turn the camera view to the ground, no other objects, while they sleep and in the 3 speed, the clock will go faster. The more you make the game load- as in view- the slower it goes. The wind/shadow all that figures in.
    I think :?

Good luck. :mrgreen: