The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else miss the wedding arch??

I liked having the wedding arch and the whole theatrical scene for my sims...now it's just kinda them standing there and exchanging the rings lol. I mean it's okay, but do you think they might add on a wedding arch or something later on??

Comments

• Options
    KristaWesemanKristaWeseman Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I miss it too. I wish they would change into formal wear also. My sims got married in their work-out clothes...
  • Options
    The_Lady_BlueThe_Lady_Blue Posts: 162 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I kind of do too. I mean, it's okay, I put flowers and stuff around them, but I still miss the picturesque wedding arch. Maybe they'll put it in an expansion pack if enough people want it?
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited June 2009
    I do! I mean, yeah...even with the arch they just stood there and exchanged rings...but at least the scene was set w/ the arch! That and you could position your camera angle cuz you KNEW where the action would happen!
  • Options
    blueyed_qt11blueyed_qt11 Posts: 116 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah I really hope so!!! Especially for wedding parties since you could put chairs facing toward it and everything it was really nice.
  • Options
    ulysses928ulysses928 Posts: 196 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah thats the one thing i miss besides weather.
  • Options
    blueyed_qt11blueyed_qt11 Posts: 116 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah weather would be nice lol maybe in a future expansion! but i love the dawn/dusk features
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited June 2009
    I miss doing weddings sooooooooooo bad. I was the wedding guru for the Sims 2. I even made a video documenting one of my weddings just so I'd have something to remember my fabulous works of art by.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    MedeousMedeous Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah I miss the grand weddings with the arch too. Even when you send them to have a wedding party in town, they'll dress formally but it's just a bunch of people standing around staring at your couple as they exchange rings. I did get fortunate with one couple and they had someone break out their guitar and play a nice tune during the "ceremony". :lol:
  • Options
    7hir7een7hir7een Posts: 145 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I miss that too! =(
  • Options
    melissawarholmelissawarhol Posts: 133 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What happens if you do the big wedding thing?
    Do you just throw a party? Err what..
    I've only married 1 set of sims, and it was the "private/intimate wedding."
  • Options
    MedeousMedeous Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited June 2009
    the only real difference is you have guests that stand around...well, watching you as you exchange rings.
  • Options
    TackyVintageTackyVintage Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The wedding parties are such a snore fest I pretty much do private weddings all the time. I miss the wedding arch I don't know what EA was thinking.
  • Options
    melissawarholmelissawarhol Posts: 133 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ah wow. That sounds horrible.
    I'm always such a horrible party thrower, that I never even bother anymore.
  • Options
    7hir7een7hir7een Posts: 145 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The wedding parties are such a snore fest I pretty much do private weddings all the time. I miss the wedding arch I don't know what EA was thinking.

I'm sure it will show up in the store or an expansion eventually.