Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unhappy?

I am amazed at how many unhappy Simmers there are. My game works great on my 3 year old computer. I had to replace my video card, but I did that a few days before getting the game. Someone had a link on the forum to test if your computer was sufficient, and that helped me so much. The game is great.

Comments

• Options
    icecreamandcocoaicecreamandcocoa Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2009
    I love it. Some are probably unhappy because they expected it to be more like the sims 2? I guess...I was like that too but I find I like it better than 2. But people have opnions so you know it'll be different as long as you like it it's no problem. lol
  • Options
    glitterandglitzglitterandglitz Posts: 561 Member
    edited June 2009
    nothing will ever be perfect and I realize that, so I am extremely happy..It actually exceeds my expectations..
  • Options
    FidelityFidelity Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not unhappy at all! I really love my game but I'm to the point of tears because my game crashes every 8 minutes. (Literally) And I don't know what to do. My brother won't help me (he's a computer whiz) and no one else (including me) knows how to fix it. So I'm really mad that I can't play this awesome game.
  • Options
    JecrellJecrell Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2009
    Some will love, some will hate, and some did not prepare their computers for the release.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited June 2009
    It's like this with every new release. The unhappy simmers will be heard more often because ones who do not have problems tend to be playing the game. :)

Personally, I haven't had any problem with my game, perhaps some small glitches. No crashes, like I have heard from others. I'm sure a patch will come out in a few weeks.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am not unhappy.
    I love it and can't get enough.
    the graphics are realy great, traits, it is fun seeing what your sim can do.
    Emily my elder sim, got a bad moodlet when someone insulted her. she told other about it. It was so funny.
    This game is great. I am still learning a few things.
  • Options
    FidelityFidelity Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Is there a page where I can get help or atleast email EA?
  • Options
    MsShadelingMsShadeling Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2009
    If the game had genetics, I'd be very happy with it. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Not like Sims 2, anyway. :(
  • Options
    GalileeGalilee Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not unhappy. I love it. it took some getting use to, but I think people just forget they are trying to compare it with a game that had alot of xpacs and right now this is base game.. I think they focused more on the actual game play this time around as opposed to having alot of indiviual items, but we can now customize all those items in game! People don't stop to look at that it seems, they just wants lots of stuff. If you think back to ts2 it got boring pretty quickly until they started releasing xpacs I think.

I understand some actually are having technical issues and that would annoy anyone in playing a game. There are some things that need patching, and some things I hope they implement, that I really think should have been there to begin with like seasons and pets.. but in the mean time I am loving the game :D
  • Options
    MaranathaSimmerMaranathaSimmer Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am not unhappy, but I am surprised that it is not much better after all the wait. I really haven't seen that much improvement over Sims2. But maybe as I play more, I will. But, must say I am not sorry I purchased the game.
  • Options
    palifanypalifany Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm so happy with the game. I was worried that my laptop wouldn't be able to handle the graphics. I don't have the money to go out and get a new puter for the game. I hear some people are not happy because of the speed and a bit because of the graphics. EA designed a game that can be played on a wide range of computers...which I LOVE them for. Many companies expect you to be able to keep up with new hardware that comes out. For many people especially in these times, it's not that simple. I want to up grade my graphics card but when it comes to laptops I really don't know what I'm doing. In fact, with my processor I'm just better off to get a new one. I just can't afford to.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the game so far, only have about 4 hours of game play into it. I only played Sunneyview so far because I couldn't get Riverview to install until late last night.

I think those that are unhappy with Sims 3 just need to stick with Sims 2.