Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I buy The Sims 2 Super Collection?

Manuel0498Manuel0498 Posts: 46 Member
Do you think I should buy the sims 2 super collection? I'm not sure because I don't know if it will work in my MacBook Air 2015.

Comments

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited August 2016
    If you have an opportunity to purchase TS2, my answer will always be YES! It's a wonderful game.

As far as compatibility goes, though, I have no idea if it would work on a MacBook Air. I don't believe those are designed for gaming, are they?
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    Yes, definitely yes! It's so worth it.
  • Options
    YuriTheCreatorYuriTheCreator Posts: 60 Member
    You can get The Sims 2 complete collection on Origin if you contact EA. I'm not sure if the game is compatible with a MacBook Air, though.
    April 8, 2015 is when I came out of that smelly old closet... 🚶‍♂️🚪
  • Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    You can get The Sims 2 complete collection on Origin if you contact EA. I'm not sure if the game is compatible with a MacBook Air, though.
    Yes-Contact Origin, see if you can get hold of a rep that will give you the Sims2 Ultimate Collection..should be free..but do ask at the same time of the compatibility with your MacBook air..the Origin Sims 2 Ultimate Collection was updated to work with newer computers..wouldn't hurt to ask.
  • Options
    EmTheSimmerEmTheSimmer Posts: 34 Member
    I am pretty sure that as long as you download it digitally and have the specs required to run it, than you will be able to play it rather smoothly. The only difference with netbooks is their lack of CDdrive, but if you wanted to you can even get a USB external cd reader but that won't be necessary. I currently have TS2 super collection on my really laggy macbook and it actually runs really smoothly (and I have CC installed). It's a masterpiece of a game and for simply 30 dollars and all the expansions I would say... GO FOR IT.
    hi
  • Options
    AUWoofieAUWoofie Posts: 186 Member
    The origin Ultimate Collections only works on Windows, unless the OP is planning to bootcamp windows to play the sims2, Mac users like myself have the option to buy the super collection from the Mac app store, which has also been updated to run better on modern computers
  • Options
    That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    The Sims 2 with most EPs and SPs can run on a 1.7 GHz processor with Intel HD 4600 graphics smoothly, so it should run. Also, it's just a fantastic game with excellent replay value.