Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim's boyfriend is now her "roommate", how do I undo it?

So I wanted my sim's boyfriend to move in with her, and after searching the chat menus for something resembling "ask to move in" I found "ask to be roommate", which I assumed was the same thing, not knowing that this was a University-Expansion-specific interaction.
I soon realised my mistake. When I found out that I couldn't select him after he had joined the household, I used MasterController to make him selectable. Unfortunately I saved the game before realising that the change was seemingly irreversable, so here begins the problem.
I tried to dismiss him as a roommate, but the "Roommates" menu wasn't available when I selected him. I disabled Roommate Services via the phone, but he's still got the "Roommate" tag under his image in the relationship panel, and the girl and everyone in her family are listed as his "roommates" as well.
I have tried making him unselectable again using MasterController, I tried moving him out, I tried moving her out, I reset them both, I changed their relationship (again with MasterController) to friends and back to going steady, I even tried getting them married, hoping that would reset it. Nope.
So my question is: Short of deleting him or the town, which I really don't want to do, how in the hell do I reverse this? There has to be some mod or cheat I can use to remove the "Roommate" flags, because I really don't want that to be a thing for the rest of their lives. Help?
Please and thank you.
r7ng8fn8itqt.png

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Hi there. Try this: Find an unoccupied residential lot in town, it can even be an empty 10x10 with nothing but a mailbox and a trash can on it. On the ground of that lot, NRaas > MC > Add Sim > (either X to dismiss the filter or try filtering to Homeless Not Service...or one of the others that should pick up NPCs). That should make him a proper resident of the bogus lot.

Then click on the ground of your own lot and NRaas > MC > Add Sim to add him back to your household as a proper resident.

If this doesn't work, you might try reactivating the Roommate Service on your home lot just long enough to dismiss him as a roommate (then deactivate it again so you don't get more roommates showing up) and quickly do the MC > Add Sim thing to add him back to your own household as a full-fledged resident housemate.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    fibijeanfibijean Posts: 122 Member
    I already tried the second one, but I'll give the first a go, thanks!
    r7ng8fn8itqt.png
  • Options
    fibijeanfibijean Posts: 122 Member
    Problem solved! I'll tell you exactly what I did so anyone with this same problem in the future can hopefully solve it as well.
    Step 1: Clicked on an empty lot, used nraas > MasterController > Add Sim to add him to that lot.
    Step 2: Clicked on my own lot, used nraas > MasterController > Add Roommate to add him back as a roommate.
    Step 3: Roommates menu was now available under possible interactions when I clicked on him. Used this to "Dismiss Roommate".
    Step 4: For some reason Roommate Services were still disabled on the phone, so I used my sim's phone to enable them again (Real Estate and Travel > Roommate Services > Enable Roommate Services)
    Step 5: Invited him over, and "Ask to be Roommate".
    Step 6: "Dismiss Roommate" via the social interactions menu again.

The roommate tag is now removed! Somewhere in there, it must have got reset. I can now use testingcheatsenabled or MasterController to add him back to my active family, and "Disable Roommate Services" again via the phone. Thank you so much for your help, I hope this helps anyone else having the same issue!
    r7ng8fn8itqt.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Wow, that's a really circular path to have to take for such a fix but glad it worked out as needed in the end. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net