Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATED: What happened with your legacy today?

RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
I never participated in any of the legacy challenges back in on the old site but I would check in on them from time to time. They were always pretty interesting. I'm thinking of maybe starting one up here. I'm not going to impose any crazy or outlandish rules or anything like that but the thought of a Sims dynasty (and I don't mean the 80s soap opera--though it is fascinating) has always been appealing to me.

So, I guess it's not really an official legacy challenge but more so a tepid version of one. Really it's simply a thread for people to just post about a specific family and whatever they have going on at over a period of time (and generations). Basically: ya' post updates when you feel like it.

The only rules: Start off with a single sim or an unmarried couple and see what happens. You can use mods/cheats (be semi-realistic with the money cheats--for example if your Sim becomes a CEO, then it would be realistic that they maybe be a millionaire at some point. So, familyfunds would be appropriate)/etc.

Not sure if there is a thread like this already.
Post edited by RodJohn on

Comments

• Options
    I am bumping this from last year because I want someone to play along with me! I love doing this. My rig died but it's up and running again so I'm in the process of re-creating my last family where I left off. Tell me about you guys' dynasties!
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    If you just want to share the stories then there is a tall me about your story thread and a play and share one. Those are both big and in my opinion new ones need to be made, but I'm just one person.

There have been a few posts about people interested in doing challenges together and I've been a part of a few threads like the Through the ages challenge and the Nothing is free challenege, but mainly most people don't keep up with and it does off.

I've always liked the idea of a group of people starting an actual challenege together with actual rules like an actual competition and going with it. Ah... But alas, people always want to amend the rules and play "in the sprite of the rules", which is cool, but not necessarily doing an actual challenge. Good luck though.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I always thought it would be cool to have a challenge with local friends and play similar amounts of time etc, then it would come up in casual conversation and such.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've already got a few legacies going and just played one of them earlier though it's winter for my town.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Minx wrote: »
    If you just want to share the stories then there is a tall me about your story thread and a play and share one. Those are both big and in my opinion new ones need to be made, but I'm just one person.

There have been a few posts about people interested in doing challenges together and I've been a part of a few threads like the Through the ages challenge and the Nothing is free challenege, but mainly most people don't keep up with and it does off.

I've always liked the idea of a group of people starting an actual challenege together with actual rules like an actual competition and going with it. Ah... But alas, people always want to amend the rules and play "in the sprite of the rules", which is cool, but not necessarily doing an actual challenge. Good luck though.

Yeah, we've tried haven't we, @Minx? lol The short challenges seem to work best for groups. I know that there are a dedicated group of people that do the Apocalypse Challenge - they have competitions a few times a year. That list of rules, tho...

Still... a 'what happened in your legacy today' thread could work. Just know that if you are going to full-out document your legacy challenge, it may get moved to the Legacies and Stories thread area.
  • Options
    Interesting. I hope it stays where it is. I think it would entice more people to join in on the fun if it were posted in General Discussion.

I changed the name to "What happened in legacy today?" Feel free to post whatever you like!
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    @Surreal ah so true. I did get some lovely Sims out of it though so, it's all good. Rl can really get in the way of simming.

And I might post an update when I get some internet that has no limits.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I'll start off, lol.

I was still in my first generation when my last PC broke down. But I didn't want to start all the way over, so I used master controller to help get my Sims' skills back where they were (still working on the relationships, though). I rebuilt their house, too.

Meet Caroline Wetmore, a distant cousin of Bartholomew Montgomery--who you'll meet later. Caroline is a former actress who married Richard Wetmore, a Power Broker, and a third generation Sim from another legacy whilst she was still acting in Bridgeport. After Richard's death, Caroline and her son, Carlton, packed up their house in the hills and moved to Sunset Valley.
    7yxRcRl.jpg

Caroline's son Carlton. An angsty little genius who resents his mother's jet-set way of life. He prefers to keep to himself cooped up in the family library.
    3Q3OKh4.jpg

Check out Caroline and Carlton's new digs. A sprawling mansion that sits on the lot of the old Alto place. vusyPYz.jpg

The grand foyer
    3aqb90C.jpg

Hall, Drawing room, and office.
    4FZJGT6.jpg

Fbj69yb.jpg

The dining room
    ZUrbkc6.jpg

Ux6scNW.jpg

The Octagon hall leads into the formal ballroom
    DKMvLKF.jpg

The master bedroom
    FglRhVl.jpg

The guest wing
    d2Ky6Qp.jpg

The upstairs landing
    OtVOdA0.jpg

The outside grounds
    Navl1IM.jpg

Focusing on the house to provide the setting. These people are rich. Will update you on their lives with the next post as well as introduce you to the Wetmore's new neighbors, the Montgomery's, who live adjacent to the Wetmore estate on the lot that was usually empty when the Landgraabs and the Altos ruled supreme in the valley. Enjoy!

Post edited by RodJohn on
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Wow - that's a house! lol Very nice.
  • Options
    @RodJohn -Great pictures!That mansion looks like something I'd build to make a vacation spot for free vacations without the glitches from the opporunity ones.
    I've just gotten into mid winter in Deery Meadows and they've been having blizzards that are so bad it's suspended their work shifts for the rest of the season.The roads are piled with snow and they've already had to dig out their front door a bit.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Caroline settles into her new life in the Valley with help of old friend, Romeo Rake, whom she had met before at a party in Bridgeport. Both were more than eager to rekindle the acquaintance when they ran into each other at the Leisure Day festival.
    oUb5mVI.jpg

Meanwhile, Caroline's angsty son Carlton has begun to romance young Adelaide, the eldest daughter of nearby neighbor Bart Montgomery.
    4OmNAnS.jpg

Caroline's day, on the other hand, wasn't as great. After spending all day doing film research for her next role at the Bistro, the kitchen caught fire!
    QgOdeVN.jpg

She promptly fired her negligent butler as a result.
    ZWDOODc.jpg

She decided to attend a party being thrown by her next door neighbor, Alexandra Montgomery, to unwind.
    FgAPxpN.jpg

The Montgomery residence is the grandest mansion in all the Valley. One can see the absurdly wealthy Bart on his way to the office.
    PTWq98h.jpg
    lizN1HI.jpg

Alexandra, in the purple dress, seems suspicious of arriviste, Caroline. But Caroline's charm wins out by the end of the night.
    MWbJm2c.jpg

Unfortunately, the romance between Caroline and Romeo seemed to stall out rather early on. But Annabel Gooder, the Valley's gossip queen, swears that she saw one yellow dressed a-lister disappearing behind the gates of Matthew Hamming's secluded estate last Sunday evening...could they be one and the same?
    ODYxNao.jpg

Alexandra, fearful of an unsuitable pairing between her children and some of the Valley's less desirable children, decided to pack off her three children, Adelaide, Philip, and young Claire to Smuggsworth Prep. Effectively putting an end to romances between her daughter and Carlton as well as her son and Holly Alto. Such blatant actions resulted in a strain in the relationship of fast friends Caroline and Alex.

More soon.

• Options
    ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    My legacies drag on too long because i have max aging on, due to me being a completionist when it comes to aspirations. The kids cannot age up until i have got all of the aspirations done.
    The sims 3 is a little different though because we dont have that restriction.

But in my legacy today, it was the weekend, so the parents took the kids to a park like they do every weekend and they put soap in the fountain, then all 4 of them splashed around before eating grilled fruit and going home.
  • Options
    djebay2djebay2 Posts: 36 Member
    I have a legacy family with a ton of pictures, but I'm wondering if I should start it over so that I can add pics as the family grows and progresses?
  • Options
    djebay2djebay2 Posts: 36 Member
    Sooo...how do I add photos? My rank still says that I'm a New Member, but I've been playing the sims since 2011. Can I just get a lot of likes so I can get points to add photos of what's happening with my legacy family? Please people!!! Please!
  • Options
    I just had a blizzard raging on for the fourth day straight in Deery Meadows,Maine in the winter of 1621 and my sims haven't been able to get to work since early winter when they got told their shifts were cancelled until further notice and now it's nearing late winter with blizzards burying them in snow.