The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now that I have MC Commander Mod...

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
Can I completely wipe out my world and place my own Sims in every house and they will all marry and have kids without me doing anything while i'm playing my main household??

I know i was able to do that for Sims 3. I would be able to have my Sim walk around town and actually see Sims I recognize because I made them myself! And I think it's cool how story progression will randomly married two of my single sims. I loved to see who the game would pair with who.

Also, will the MC mod randomly marry same sex Sims? I don't recall seeing that as an option in the MC control center.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    When I had the MCcc mod they were getting pg all the time, depending on settings, I didn't have to do anything. But I got rid of the command center cuz it messed with my game all the time, even though the game turned off the mods when updates came thru, my game got so glitchy. So good luck and happy baby time.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    edited August 2016
    Yes, it will marry same sex and create same sex pregnancy if you have it set that way.

It's in the

Pregnancy > Partner Sim Selection > Partner Gender
    Pegnancy > Partner Sim Selection > Same or Opposite Sex Only.
    Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Same Sex Marriages.
    Pregnancy > Spouse Sim Selection > Same or Opposite Sex Only.

And yes, they will go on with their lives, but your Sims should be marked as Unplayed before placed if you have the "Bypass Played Households" Option in true.

I don't know about the game generating Townies, I guess they will still generate them.
    But you could try

Population > Populating Settings >

Maybe turning all the Percents to 0 will stop the generating, and if you allow more homeless, maybe having your Unplayed Sims filled only with your Sims in Household Management, might affect the population somehow. I'm not sure about that tho, I've never done it.

So if you wanna try that to make a world filled only with your own creations, write down the percents, in case it doesn't work and you have to set it back.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Maximum Homeless=0 (in population) is what you want. Note that the game will spawn "necessary" sims (ex. Grim). I would recommend having sims w/ a variety of traits, skills, careers, and ages if you're going to do this to minimize the number of sims that the game finds it necessary to generate.
    Also, why not drop by the MC Command Center Help Thread? Yes, it's got quite a few pages, but it's not necessary to read through all of them, plus Deaderpool himself comes in once in awhile. :)
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    When I had the MCcc mod they were getting pg all the time, depending on settings, I didn't have to do anything. But I got rid of the command center cuz it messed with my game all the time, even though the game turned off the mods when updates came thru, my game got so glitchy. So good luck and happy baby time.

@StilleWater

"Messed with your game" how, exactly? I wouldn't mind at all to help you troubleshoot MC if you decide to put it back.

I haven't heard this from anybody else... come to the help thread and tell us what happened? :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here#latest/

Trying to consolidate MC posts, I have trouble keeping up when they get scattered across categories/threads.