Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Future Holiday Expansion Pack Idea

I can't wait for the holidays coming up. That's why I think it would be a great idea if EA could make a holiday/season expansion pack for TS3.

Well first it would include major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween, Easter, maybe even Valentines day.

It would be great if it had a holiday time/day feature too. Like how TS3 now knows when a sims birthday is coming up, I think it would be a great idea for the game to include when a holiday was coming up in the game. That way our sims have ample time to decorate, have a party, etc. And maybe just for those days our sims could have vacation time from work (it would be even greater if they still got paid like how expecting sims get off of work but get paid still.)And sims will get school off those days too.
-This is the most important detail to me if there was an expansion pack like this because I could celebrate that holiday with my sims and know that I could take off work and be with family and actually get to celebrate. With the sims I have now work and school and taking care of needs and kids make it so hard to just sit and take time out for a holiday.

For holidays that comes with the seasons, like how in Christmas it snows and in Thanksgiving it's fall. I think that would be a realistic addition to the pack.

And there's a variety of interactions for your sims to do on those holidays of coarse.

Since the neighborhood is a huge addition to the sims. For holidays maybe there could be a variety of community events happening in the neighborhood. Like if the central park could have a huge christmas tree that's lit like how in NY they have the lighting of the christmas tree and trick or treating for halloween. The neighborhood could be decorated in that theme for whatever the holiday is. Also it be cool if like on Halloween your sim could go to the movie theatre and see a scary movie and on valentines day there would be a romantic movie option for couples and on christmas maybe a movie like "a christmas carol".

I think that's all I can think of with this idea of an expansion pack. Tell me what you think. I know TS2 had an expansion pack like this but I never got to play with TS2 so if it sounds SO familiar, sorry, but would love to see it in TS3. If you like the idea and have more things you would like to see your sims be able to do then add on.

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited November 2009
    I can't wait for the holidays coming up. That's why I think it would be a great idea if EA could make a holiday/season expansion pack for TS3.

Well first it would include major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween, Easter, maybe even Valentines day.

It would be great if it had a holiday time/day feature too. Like how TS3 now knows when a sims birthday is coming up, I think it would be a great idea for the game to include when a holiday was coming up in the game. That way our sims have ample time to decorate, have a party, etc. And maybe just for those days our sims could have vacation time from work (it would be even greater if they still got paid like how expecting sims get off of work but get paid still.)And sims will get school off those days too.
    -This is the most important detail to me if there was an expansion pack like this because I could celebrate that holiday with my sims and know that I could take off work and be with family and actually get to celebrate. With the sims I have now work and school and taking care of needs and kids make it so hard to just sit and take time out for a holiday.

For holidays that comes with the seasons, like how in Christmas it snows and in Thanksgiving it's fall. I think that would be a realistic addition to the pack.

And there's a variety of interactions for your sims to do on those holidays of coarse.

Since the neighborhood is a huge addition to the sims. For holidays maybe there could be a variety of community events happening in the neighborhood. Like if the central park could have a huge christmas tree that's lit like how in NY they have the lighting of the christmas tree and trick or treating for halloween. The neighborhood could be decorated in that theme for whatever the holiday is. Also it be cool if like on Halloween your sim could go to the movie theatre and see a scary movie and on valentines day there would be a romantic movie option for couples and on christmas maybe a movie like "a christmas carol".

I think that's all I can think of with this idea of an expansion pack. Tell me what you think. I know TS2 had an expansion pack like this but I never got to play with TS2 so if it sounds SO familiar, sorry, but would love to see it in TS3. If you like the idea and have more things you would like to see your sims be able to do then add on.

I happen to know that the only 2 things you could celebrate was Christmas and New Year's with the Sims 2 Holiday EP and Santa only gave 1 present that would work with base game.

SO I think your idea is way better But the kids (or if its baby/toddlers the parents) put up stockings& and the kids put out milk&cookies) and when the kids/toddlers/babies are "visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads" Santa comes down (if there is a chimney) or go through the door (if no chimney or too small a one). But when those sim kids are teens they go through the "disappointment" of there being no "Santa" and that "Santa is really only Mom/Dad.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    hvnslilangl2089hvnslilangl2089 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2009
    [/quote]

I happen to know that the only 2 things you could celebrate was Christmas and New Year's with the Sims 2 Holiday EP and Santa only gave 1 present that would work with base game.

SO I think your idea is way better But the kids (or if its baby/toddlers the parents) put up stockings& and the kids put out milk&cookies) and when the kids/toddlers/babies are "visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads" Santa comes down (if there is a chimney) or go through the door (if no chimney or too small a one). But when those sim kids are teens they go through the "disappointment" of there being no "Santa" and that "Santa is really only Mom/Dad. [/quote]

I love the idea of santa and the chimney and the kids putting out milk and cookies and being able to interact and put up decorations to get ready for the holidays. I especially think that your idea on the disappointment of no Santa or something like the growing out of that imagine phase should happen it would be so realistic too. But if that was to happen, like the growing out phase it should not stop or make a sim not want to celebrate that holiday. Also, I think sims with the childish trait should not be able to go through the disappointment/grow out phase.
  • Options
    AlrynnAlrynn Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2009
    hvnslilangl2089 - such a great idea! :D I'm all for it! Would love to have those holidays in game!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I love the idea of santa and the chimney and the kids putting out milk and cookies and being able to interact and put up decorations to get ready for the holidays. I especially think that your idea on the disappointment of no Santa or something like the growing out of that imagine phase should happen it would be so realistic too. But if that was to happen, like the growing out phase it should not stop or make a sim not want to celebrate that holiday. Also, I think sims with the childish trait should not be able to go through the disappointment/grow out phase.

thanks!!! I got most of my idea from my own experiences (except we didn't hang stockings just left them on a table) the no chimmeny/small chimmeny well my one grandparents' place had no fireplace and the other grandparents had a very small one.

Do you mind if I post this thread on another forum?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    No I don't mind go ahead. I really want this idea to be known to all sim lovers and truly believe this could be a GREAT EP
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    you should also include Hanukkah holiday (I know that the menora was in the Sims 2 holiday pack)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SharkloverPlayerSharkloverPlayer Posts: 2,849 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I would like to see it to were an young adult thru elder could kiss Santa Clause.Imagine a child seeing her mother kiss Santa when her father was working.
  • Options
    SadieMSadieM Posts: 150 Member
    edited November 2009
    I agree with holidays.Sims could be more happy and jolly and at Christmas time sims could decorate their houses on the inside and out and the town could have a special parade and the lights would be switched on :D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I think the parade idea would be an awesome addition to the neighborhood, it could be for Thanksgiving like the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in NY
  • Options
    licole039licole039 Posts: 13
    edited May 2011

I love your idea and i think that we should have all that and more like the main holidays and mothers day,fathers day and all the other holidays to and for chirstmas the parents could go to the store and but alot of presents and santa brings them some more on top of that and for thanksgiving we should be able to cook a big truckey some ham some mac and chesse some dressing some cake some pies and more

• Options
    1a2bc1a2bc Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    LOVE LOVE LOVE! all of those ideas i was thinking of making my own forum about it when i found this! the kids could make christmas list and pick things from the buy section and add them and there parent swould send them in the post box to "santa" and on christmas day they will show up under their tree! I HOPE EA TAKES NOTICE OF THIS AND UNDERSTANDS WE WANT IT BAD!!!