Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some good magical sounding names for cats? (photo)

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
The family I'm playing, the wife is a witch, who is married to a genie. They have a daughter, who is also a genie, and she LOVES cats, they also have a son who is a witch, so this is a magical family. They also have in their family a unicorn, and two cats. One of the cats gave birth to two very adorable kittens, and they are like little clones of their parents. The father is a solid black cat, named Midnight, and the mother is a siamese, named Shela. At the moment the two kittens are called Kitten 1 and Kitten 2, and I'm going to change them, but I want to give them some magical sound names that would be a good fit for this family. Here is the picture of the two new additions to the family, along with their mother.

13925532_639450762871889_4979791509173251907_o.jpg

Both babies are female, what would be some nice sounding magical names for cats?

Comments

• Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    Cosmic creeper was the name of the witches cat in the Disney classic Bedknobs and Broomsticks, it was a black cat.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Grimalkin and Pyewacket are names of familiars from historic witch trials that I use now and again. I guess it depends on what flavor of "witchy" you are going for.

Perhaps also Sabrina and Tabitha.
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Ebony and Jupiter? Or really any planetary name, they all sound magical to me :tongue:
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Off the top of my head Hecate, from Penny Dreadful. Anything old-fashioned and Victorian sometimes will do.
  • Options
    GlimmeringsGlimmerings Posts: 143 Member
    I don't know how magical these sound, but I like Luna or Cinder.
  • Options
    simsimsim_simsimsimsimsimsim_simsimsim Posts: 14 New Member
    Vanish, Gargoyle, illuminate. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (Egyptain goddess of magic) or Horus.
  • Options
    Gargoyle, Vanish, Horus, Illuminate, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (Egyptian god of magic)
  • Options
    Gargoyle, Illuminate, Vanish, Horus, or Isi_s(Egyptian goddess of magic)
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited August 2016
    the black one, Salem :P Is_is ( http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/🐸🐸🐸🐸_(Cat)), Magic, Orion
    Post edited by Kylieb191 on
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    Spider
    Flutter
    Puff
    Glimmer
    Skull
    Hex
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    How about Lorien and Gondolin? Lord of the Rings names :)
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Moon could be a cool one.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    My witch had a cat called Tourmaline (translated that is, his actual name was Toermalijn). Can't say I'm seriously into believing gems have 'powers', but I liked the word, the many colours the gem can have - this particular cat was black - and the powers and meaning that are attributed to the stone.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    After reading this thread I remembered the witches and their cats in Sims 2, they weren't just a pet you could own but witches familiars, they used to appear and disappear. That was more realistic.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    Thank you everyone for your suggestion. I have decided on the names, for the black one Salem, and the other one Tabitha. After I posted this, the family ended up adopting a little Pomeranian, and she was named Luna.