Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't load Sims 3 on my Mac?

I've put in the disk clicked on the icon and a window has poped up with the installer icon, I have clicked on that and nothing is happening?

I should have enough free space can anyone help?

xxxx

Comments

• Options
    intheclear12intheclear12 Posts: 82 Member
    edited June 2009
    Does the Installer icon have a circle with a line through it over top of the Sims icon? If so, your operating system may not be up-to-date (check Software Updates at the little apple in the top-left), or your processor is a PowerPC where the game needs an Intel Processor to play. If it doesn't have that little circle with a line through it, it could still be that you don't have Leopard 10.5.7. I'd try updating your software anyway. If neither of these solutions work, I'm unsure as to how to proceed. Let me know how it goes though! :)
  • Options
    xlilsweetiexxlilsweetiex Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks, I'll need a new OX system which will be £83 and a little more RAM which requires me going to a mac store so I wont bother with it on my Mac. Going to put it on my sister PC as it works on that =] and were have to get some more RAM as its a bit slow.

Thanks for the answer =D

xxx
  • Options
    ScraverXScraverX Posts: 762 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You don't have to go to a Mac store for your ram, in fact you can get it much cheeper online - though I don't know any uk sites. You just need an apple tech to put it in if it's still under warranty or Apple Care
  • Options
    userditzyuserditzy Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ScraverX wrote:
    You don't have to go to a Mac store for your ram, in fact you can get it much cheeper online - though I don't know any uk sites. You just need an apple tech to put it in if it's still under warranty or Apple Care

RAM is the one thing that you're allowed to change on your own without voiding the warrantee. If you have a mini I'd advise you to go to an apple store. Otherwise change it yourself.