Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changes to Sims 4 that MUST happen (no toddlers)

One of my complaints about The Sims 4 are the worlds. No not the fact that they are not open world, I don't care about that.

The size of them is what really bothers me.

As much as some people disagree with comparisons, I am going to compare:

Sims 3 Sunset Valley had a total of 92 lots (21 of them empty) In the world, and 86 pre-made Sims

Sims 4 Willow Creek (only comparing one of the worlds to the other one world) came with 21 lots (3 of them empty), and 14 pre-made Sims. You cannot tell me this is not ridiculous

Yes it is great that I can go to each neighborhood fluidly, but they way I play is if I live in Willow Creek, I stay in Willow Creek. So I believe each world should have enough space in order to be self-sufficient and have one lot of every type in the world.

This is just some added points
--The game should have pre-made NPCs and pre-made homeless sims that's something I always liked
--Ability to disable cross-travel for townies. So you don't see all of the Windenburg people strolling around Willow Creek
--Provide a 3D map- It would make the game feel much less like a Facebook game and even make it feel more open. Something like Sims 2

What do you all think?

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,865 Member
    Actually I agree completely. The fact is, 25ish lots per "world" is ridiculous. I guess they want us to think all the different "worlds" are all part of one big world, but really, visually, it's not. It just isn't able to integrated visually, even if you can gameplay wise. Worlds should have really been made to accommodate about twice as many lots, 40-50, and that is STILL about half as small as a Sims 3 world. And we started out with what about 3-5 empty spaces in these tiny villages?

I understand the reasoning for wanting it to run more smoothly on more machines, but did it really have to cut down to this? Every new thing that came out, we have to bulldoze existing lots - and while we had to do so at some point with Sims 3, it was NOT before the third EP came out, unless people went overboard with their creativity and filled up as much of the world as possible.

They couldn't even put a hospital, a police station, retail stores, a spa and a restaurant in these worlds because there. is. not. enough. room.

I repeat it. There is not enough room. In addition we can't even add new lots even if there would be space to.

There is just no excuse for it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    We need more and bigger lots, I don't mind the smaller lots but we need more building options to make more use of the smaller buildings I don't want a good chunk of a tiny house to be taken over by a set of stairs. The little towns they've given us are kinda hollow and lifeless, we need more lots and more families in the area, especially with no story progression and the town dies off.
  • Options
    crazypiecrazypie Posts: 5 New Member
    Very true Sims 4 boring without open worlds and expansion packs that we want.
  • Options
    buydebugbuydebug Posts: 197 Member
    I eventually got over the fact that open world wasn't coming back, but this is completely correct. The worlds are miniscule, and even now with more building types coming in expansions it's impossible to make a world full of everything my sim needs. This is part of the reason that I think a create a world tool would benefit the entirety of the sims 4 community.