Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are my restaurant booths always full when my sim goes out to eat?

I built special VIP booth rooms in the neighborhood restaurant so my sims could go out to eat in privacy and flirt with their dates and (hopefully) they wouldn't run into their spouses out on dates with other sims. That's the idea anyway. But I've noticed whenever they get to the restaurant with their new dates the booth rooms are ALWAYS full so they are forced to take one of the tables in the main room or sit at the bar. I wish they could go to the maître 'd and offer a big tip and have the guy go throw out the couple hogging the booths. LOL Sims gotta have a place to cheat in private you know.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I've rarely experienced this but even when I did only one booth was taken.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I built special VIP booth rooms in the neighborhood restaurant so my sims could go out to eat in privacy and flirt with their dates and (hopefully) they wouldn't run into their spouses out on dates with other sims. That's the idea anyway. But I've noticed whenever they get to the restaurant with their new dates the booth rooms are ALWAYS full so they are forced to take one of the tables in the main room or sit at the bar. I wish they could go to the maître 'd and offer a big tip and have the guy go throw out the couple hogging the booths. LOL Sims gotta have a place to cheat in private you know.

Sounds like you made those private rooms a bit too comfy. ;)
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    If you have GT, you could start a "Cheaters Club", add a room to the Restaurant and put the club door in so no one can access it but your club members.

Put a bed and closet in there and woohoo to your hearts content!

You would probably have to eat at the Diner part, I doubt they could enter the club? Not sure, but it would be neat if you could!
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Not sure, but another thought is you could "give up your table" and click on that booth and "request" table. Maybe they will have to give the table up for you? Just like the gym, they get off the treadmill and computer if you click to use it. Not tried it though, maybe someone has!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    How did you make it private without adding locked doors?
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Oh, I never thought about lockable doors. I just figured if there was a wall and a door in the way then random sims wouldn't just wander into the rooms with the booths.
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Locked doors may keep waiters out of the room too tho. As for the booths, I think Sim's are just more inclined to sit at booths. Idk but when I actually play my restaurant I notice the hostess always sits the booths first.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    LOL Two things. Generally, I have to wait for other Sims to come to the lot. With the lone restaurant I've built so far, a cafe really, I tried to rely on my previous experience in the game and created a "Break Room" for the employees. Never have I ever seen the employees use it. Instead, my Sim comes for a meal and finds other patrons way in the back across from the kitchen. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ElliecakeElliecake Posts: 59 Member
    Maybe if you put the booths in a "less desirable" area, like further away from the Chef's station, other sims wouldn't flock to it? Granted, less desirable areas don't really scream VIP haha.
    Check out my channel, EllieSims , for your daily dose of CAS videos! ❤
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Put more tables in the main area. There are only so many Sims that will be on a lot at any time. Or just put each table/booth in it's own separate room so you're seated 'privately' no matter where you end up.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    If you have GT, you could start a "Cheaters Club", add a room to the Restaurant and put the club door in so no one can access it but your club members.

Put a bed and closet in there and woohoo to your hearts content!

You would probably have to eat at the Diner part, I doubt they could enter the club? Not sure, but it would be neat if you could!
    I know clubs can work, but when it comes to sitting down, the dining spots are more or less tagged as part of the restaurant so they can't sit in those unless they're there to eat. I guess the whole "request table" can work in there maybe?
    I haven't tried using a club door in a restaurant. Sounds like something fun to try!