Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there any mods coming out that allow other age groups to use Voidcritter Battle Station in sims 4

Batman82497Batman82497 Posts: 365 Member
edited June 2016 in General Mods Discussion
Is there any mods coming out that allow other age groups to use Voidcritter Battle Station in sims 4

Comments

• Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I don't think that modders can make the new animations.
  • Options
    Batman82497Batman82497 Posts: 365 Member
    I am just wondering Is there any mods coming out that allow other age groups to use Voidcritter Battle Station in sims 4
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I don't think that modders can make the new animations.
    I am just wondering Is there any mods coming out that allow other age groups to use Voidcritter Battle Station in sims 4

It's possible to create new animations however it isn't likely that anyone will be willing to so you should start a discussion under feedback or add your comments to one of the existing discussions.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I don't know of anybody planning on doing it, but who knows?
    If I were you, I'd keep an eye on Mod The Sims for the time-being.
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    DevilNDisguise is right on the nose on what you should do. But do you not like the fact that children have something unique to do? I know a lot of people don't play with children so maybe it was purposely made that way for that fact alone?
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2016
    DevilNDisguise is right on the nose on what you should do. But do you not like the fact that children have something unique to do? I know a lot of people don't play with children so maybe it was purposely made that way for that fact alone?

Not really because there is no reason to restrict it. Monster under the bed restriction makes sense because kids are more likely to have imaginary friends, but it makes no sense to restrict something like this especially because in real life....more teens and adults actually play these games. It has actually made me NOT buy this stuff pack. I really just wanted the battle station that's it. I need way more use of out it to justify the $10 bucks. If a mod comes out I will, but no point otherwise. I like kids and I play them, but part of the fun for me is being able to make clubs. All kid club is just too limiting. My sims don't have a lot of kids because of the lack of room in the neighborhoods. So teens would at least need to be included.

Don't get me wrong thankfully they thought about kids and this is an inspired kid pack, but wrong move by limiting it imo.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited June 2016

so after "potential" this is the new spin about the limitations of TS4 - "something unique to do" :joy:

Not really because there is no reason to restrict it. Monster under the bed restriction makes sense because kids are more likely to have imaginary friends, but it makes no sense to restrict something like this especially because in real life....more teens and adults actually play these games. It has actually made me NOT buy this stuff pack. I really just wanted the battle station that's it. I need way more use of out it to justify the $10 bucks. If a mod comes out I will, but no point otherwise. ...
    the same way of limitation has made me not buy SpaDay, because the kids can't do yoga
    IRL kids have no problems in doing so & this game needs urgently more options for sims to do something, two years in & this gameplay is still barren

... I like kids and I play them, but part of the fun for me is being able to make clubs. All kid club is just too limiting. My sims don't have a lot of kids because of the lack of room in the neighborhoods. So teens would at least need to be included.

Don't get me wrong thankfully they thought about kids and this is an inspired kid pack, but wrong move by limiting it imo.
    & that Voidcritter thing is even more limited, cause as @plopppo has reported <<< the kids in a club which you don't direct don't use the Battle Station by themselves, which makes the best part of clubs useless

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    SimstopicsSimstopics Posts: 107 Member
    Shimrod101 over at MTS created a mod where all ages can buy and trade the cards but since the animations are for children only, if he enables teen-elder to use the battlestation they would try to use the children's animations and said it was a mess. Therefore no station for teen-elder. A modder could make animations for it, but I don't think there's any modder who owns animation creating software (decent software) and could even make it possible. As @Forest_Ninja said, you're best bet is to leave a post in the feedback section of the forums and if you have Twitter go there and tweet some of the gurus (they tend to respond better there than here).
    PS4: InDebtShopaholic, BrokeShopaholic, DaRealShopaholic
    Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
    Steam: BrokeShopaholic
    Origin: Simstopics
  • Options
    Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=580094

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I'm not a modder and I don't know how to do it, but, couldn't the "autonomy off" bit on the battle station be turned on in a cc version?
  • Options
    Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    I'm not a modder and I don't know how to do it, but, couldn't the "autonomy off" bit on the battle station be turned on in a cc version?
    In my opinion it can't be done in a standard XML modding fashion. The battle station works the same way as the card game table from base game; when you click on it to play, the sim picker window with available sims pops up, and this is where the problem lies. The AI cannot use that sim picker function; or at least it appeared to me that it can't when I tried modding the card table to make it autonomous. The battle station will have the exact same problem.
    It might be possible to make the Training of the cards autonomous since it's single-player. I haven't tried this though.

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Shimrod101 wrote: »
    In my opinion it can't be done in a standard XML modding fashion. The battle station works the same way as the card game table from base game; when you click on it to play, the sim picker window with available sims pops up, and this is where the problem lies. The AI cannot use that sim picker function; or at least it appeared to me that it can't when I tried modding the card table to make it autonomous. The battle station will have the exact same problem.
    It might be possible to make the Training of the cards autonomous since it's single-player. I haven't tried this though.

@Shimrod101

Thank you! :)

Sounds like, It is what it is... for now. Maybe someday EA will change that. We'll see.

Deaderpool's run into that "no access via scripts/mods" issue before too. I'm not overly surprised by your explanation. Sure do appreciate it, though!