Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 camera latency

I recently bought a new Laptop PC and installed sims 3 along with all the expansion packs i own (City Life, Diesel, Ambitions, Into the Future, Pets, High-end loft stuff, Paradise Island, University, World Adventures, Seasons, and Supernatural). There is no mods installed.

My laptop has the following specifications:
- Intel Core I7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
- 16 GB of RAM
- 64-bit OS
- Intel HD Graphics 530
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M
- Windows 10

I've removed all households and their houses as I like to have a town dedicated to buildings only. The issue is that the camera doesn't seem to respond to any inputs from the mouse unless i have a tool like the "Build a wall" tool or an object like a window. There is two links at the bottom of this post, both are links to my Dropbox where I've uploaded two video-clips of the issue. During both videos I'm flailing the mouse around to create a response. In the first video the camera moves from time to time, even though I'm flailing the mouse around like a mad man. In the second video i got hold of a window, and suddenly the camera works fine, though it resumes the latency as soon as I drop the window again.

Please help as quickly as possible. If you need any more info, just ask

Kind regards Crel105n

(place the www on your own. The forum wont allow me to post links yet)

dropbox.com/s/62qhtqnkxgvyfwc/Video.avi?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/lwg3nw0e186fcqi/Video-2.avi?dl=0

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    You have to video cards. You need to make sure the game uses the Nvidia card

You have to be in full screen for this to work. Note if you are on the 1.69 patch use the TS3.exe file. The TS3w file ios for 1.67 patch

add the sims 3 game to your Nvidia control panel. Under 3d settings/program settings click browse to find the TS3w file

in your Nvidia control panel under 3d settings click add then browse. Then you will be clicking on a bunch of files to get to the TS3W file which runs the game. computer C, to program files X 86 file, to origin games file, to the sims 3 file, to the game file, to the bin file. In the bin file you will find the TS3W file. Add that to control panel and put vsync on adaptive or on option if you dont have adaptive. This game must have vsync on or it will run your fps way to high. Also remind yourself every time you have an nvidia card update make sure it does not reset your vsync before playing. Nvidia card updates will also reset your game launcher settings every time.
  • Options
    crel105ncrel105n Posts: 5 New Member
    I don't see either adaptive or option. My options are
    - Use Global Settings
    - Use 3D programsettings
    - Yes
    - No

I might be in the wrong settings though I'm not sure TBO.
  • Options
    This is an example. This is for the sims 4 but you do same for the sims 3

aa03762d-0b8a-48ab-a6cf-9eca2c446f24_zpsr3imjd8n.png
  • Options
    I don't see the Adaptive or Adaptive (half refresh rate)

And I was in the correct settings
  • Options
    This is what mine looks like

dropbox.com/s/k1trjdt59rliroi/NVIDIA%20VSync.png?dl=0

• Options
    Then use the "yes" option. Yes should be on and No should be off
  • Options
    I worked, thanks a bunch.