Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim not pregnant?

On my Sims 3, every time i get my sim pregnant, the game glitches and she is no longer pregnant...
Well she is, but she doesn't look it... She leans back, complains of pain, wears the ugly clothing yet there is no bump on the front of her.
She can get people to talk to the bump, feel it and all that, but if she was walking down the street, no one would know she is pregnant apart from the clothes... I don't know if this is because I downloaded Sims 3 Supernatural which is when the bump stopped showing, she is a human in the game. Clarity?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Sounds like more of a display issue than anything else. Does she have any custom clothes in her wardrobe that were not meant to be maternity outfits? As she gets further along in her pregnancy, in the third trimester (3rd day if the standard unmodded 3 day pregnancy) does the bump become more visible?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    wantedlatorwantedlator Posts: 7 New Member
    The only things she can wear are the maternity clothes.. and the bump is never visible
  • Options
    11Marrielle11Marrielle Posts: 87 Member
    Does she ever give birth?
    Also when this happened to me... It was because of NRaas Master Controller, which I used to change her maternity clothing, and she ended up wearing her normal outfits instead of the maternity clothing I picked. MC also seems to have messed up my Sims' nude outfits (they all shower in clothes now :s ) so if you have that mod... just sayin'.

I've had a very badly glitched pregnant Sim too, I used NRaas Master Controller to reset her and that fixed her. Resetsim doesn't reset as much as the Master Controller reset. I don't know if this will be necessary for your Sims though as the one you speak of sounds pregnant enough to give birth at some point.
    You may copy or save my posted images, but do not claim them as your own.
    Wishlist: here.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Does she ever give birth?
    Also when this happened to me... It was because of NRaas Master Controller, which I used to change her maternity clothing, and she ended up wearing her normal outfits instead of the maternity clothing I picked. MC also seems to have messed up my Sims' nude outfits (they all shower in clothes now :s ) so if you have that mod... just sayin'.

I've had a very badly glitched pregnant Sim too, I used NRaas Master Controller to reset her and that fixed her. Resetsim doesn't reset as much as the Master Controller reset. I don't know if this will be necessary for your Sims though as the one you speak of sounds pregnant enough to give birth at some point.

It is perfectly acceptable to use MasterController to change sims' clothing to other maternity outfits while they are pregnant. Sorry if the mod did that to your sim, but I've never seen that happen and I change sims' maternity outfits all the time. MC doesn't make those selections by itself, it is up to the player to do that.

Also, MC is not the cause of sims' naked outfits reverting to clothed when showering, that's a game glitch and can also be caused by outfits being incorrectly coded to be acceptable for the naked category. MC's Stylist function can be used to correct that when it happens, if desired.

Agreed on the MC Reset, though if the OP is not averse to using mods.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor my mistake then, the naked outfits are messed up ever since I installed MC. Thanks for correcting me. As for the maternity outfits, I changed them just fine but the Sim never wore them. Nope, just her normal outfits. xD Glad I don't mind.

Sure it's more likeable to fix stuff without the help of mods... But if nothing else works and you really want your Sim back to normal, I thought it'd be good to know there is a way.
    I hope the whole Sim isn't broke and that you won't need mods though.
  • Options
    wantedlatorwantedlator Posts: 7 New Member
    @11Marrielle So the sim does give birth, she wears the maternity clothes and she even leans back as if pregnant, but it's not visible xD I haven't used mods for mys sims 3
  • Options
    Oh wow that is weird yes. I'm not finding any solutions on the web for you either, while there seem to be more people with this issue. Some say it could be a graphic card issue but I strongly doubt it. I'm afraid it happens with all your pregnant Sims...?
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    i had this happen with one of my sims once, so I detlaed the save file as there was no point playing it :)
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    i had this happen with one of my sims once, so I detlaed the save file as there was no point playing it :)

If the sim is pregnant and gives birth to one or more babies at the end of their term as expected, then the only thing missing is the appearance of the baby bump. I probably wouldn't even consider abandoning a save just because of a display glitch like that, but that's just me I guess. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    MonikanoraMonikanora Posts: 16 New Member
    Hello just wanted to ask are you having problem with makeup like eyeshadow. I put eyeshadow I like normal put the lock in . But when I go live she has ugly makeup . Need help :/