Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangetown Weirdness - The Curious Family

meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
So I'm currently playing the Curious household.

I changed up the house a little bit (seriously, the guys went outside every time they were going to another room) and also there are two new members of the family. Vidcun's alien baby Linda and Pascal's alien baby Jenny :) The third brother (what is his name again? Lazur or something?) got married to his coworker and moved out.

v8IjX8e.png?1

Here are the girls as a toddler and baby. Jenny is the older one.

ZXZN3iY.png?1

Jenny grew up and like all kids she wanted a lemonade stand. Said and done!

W74B1sX.png?1

Jenny and Linda playing with the doll house together. Super adorable :love:

0cCBSsi.png?1

Vidcun playing chess with his niece. I've had mac's Sims 2 Super Collection since november and I'm still discovering things I forgot about when I first played ts2 forever ago. Jenny sitting on top of a pile of books to see better is just so cute.

I'm having a lot of fun playing this family. I'm planning on Jenny and Linda going to university together in the future!

I was a pretty vanilla player of ts2 when I was younger so I've never delved into aliens or premade families in this game. I'm having a lot of fun with this and I'll post more pictures of their ventures in this thread :)

Bonus picture:

ppKT7AI.png

When the third brother, who has 0 points in neat, took a shower his hygiene and bladder filled up simultaneously. I found it pretty funny :relaxed:

Comments

• Options
    So a lot of things have happened today!

TFioDAV.png?1

Linda scolding Jenny when they're playing video games

1HJpo6q.png?1

Linda being sprayed by a skunk because she wanted to pet it :weary: I guess it was karma for being mean to Jenny.

54f7PxJ.png?1

Jenny growing up to a teen as a Child Prodigy!

NC74EKB.png?1

Pizza party :star:

LKgSwZq.png?1

Linda sharing her skunk experience with Jenny whilst eating some terrible pancakes that Vidcund made :grimace:

I4F4PxM.png

They invited the head master and the girls got in!! Things didn't go smoothly all the way, but they made it!

a1B6UmS.png?1

zJtjEYA.png?1

They sure look proud in their new private school outfits

5Gru7DB.png?1

And lastly, Linda growing up into a teen as a Child Prodigy!

Next up: Living that teen life, and going to college!
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Awesome pictures! thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Welcome to another episode of The Curious family!

KiXCfU4.png

vxuHlfk.png?1

Pascal and Vidcund both had their birthdays (a few days apart). Sadly I missed snapping a picture of Vidcund's!

tPK4AA1.png?1

The girls still enjoying SSX 3 and Jenny wins pretty much every time.

vRY21jE.png?1

Linda is a prodigy in both school and logic. She's gotten two scholarships for college because of her grades and skills!

Rr0ajXO.png?1

So has Jenny, though she's more of the creative type.

5yKWdNH.png?1

As Pascal and Vidcund are now retired, they have time to focus on their true passions. Vidcund crafts robots while Pascal writes novels.

cmw3Or7.png

Not bad at all! Pascal never got very high in his career, but focusing on his writing is paying off tenfold compared to his pension!

AMlnJag.png?1

V4nvvoe.png?1

And Vidcund finally got the gold badge in robot crafting, so here comes Servo to join the family! I love the look on his face in the first picture, like he's not very sure of what he's created. I'm looking forward to keeping Servo in this family for generations to come :)

And that's all for this post :blush:
  • Options
    I love it! Keep it coming!
  • Options
    Aw thank you :> :heart:
  • Options
    No problem! I currently have a rotation of Strangetown that I'm playing-it's just always been my favorite hood! So much drama, and I love the aliens lol.
  • Options
    Welcome back to Strangetown, the Curious Family

xOOsVP0.png?1

Servo fixing up the garden (much needed)

The girls went to college, but since you can't send them together they ended up in the college bin in different "families". To fix this, I ended up putting both of them in a family that wasn't in a dorm. I didn't want to play the other sims though, so.. With a few cheats I managed to kill them all off. I put the girls back in the family bin, now together, and placed them in a dorm. All ended up like I wanted it, though I didn't expect it to cost the lives of three sims.. Oops. There's probably a different way to go about it but that's what I did.

VWNVxXo.png?1

The Grim Reaper reaping souls while the girls pillow fight.. Completely normal :lol:

4GGmcwW.png?1

Finally, let's start University!

KIQ5V06.png?1

Their rooms next to each other, of course.

3IDqwoQ.png?1

Talking about space as usual, probably wondering why there aren't any other green skin people in the dorms.

10Irz6V.png?1

Researching things and stuff. Jenny is a Drama major and Linda is a Physics major.

TAsjzLs.png?1

Writing an essay.

SJIou28.png?1

Linda is trying to as well, but since she forgot to lock her door the University Mascot came in to be annoying.

qoLASY6.png?1

I really like the joined showers in dorms. It looks realistic :)

rBOYBVf.png?1

I put a pool table in the dorm, and everyone is enjoying it!

6hJDFfe.png?1

The girls passed their first term with flying colors!

3rjjM9G.png?1

Linda got her revenge on the mascot for disturbing her when she tried to study. He ended up poking her after though, and she cried :/

01LSyH9.png?1

University takes a toll on Jenny.

bNjmPPt.png?1

Since Jenny has mastered the creativity skill she decided to paint a portrait of the University Mascot.

KoCiMct.png?1

And finally, the mascot defying physics in order to pass out on a table haha

I really like playing college on ts2! It's a lot easier and not as buggy as ts3, which just made the students be hungry and tired all the time. I hope ts4's college pack (which I assume is coming at some point) does it more like ts2!

Next up, the girls will look around the college grounds and have some fun, going to cafés and things like that :) Jenny has the popularity aspiration, so she'll throw a bunch of parties that will probably create some dramaaa~
  • Options
    Okay so a looot happened in my game today, especially for Jenny.

KVDUrQa.png?1gCBMvr8.png?1

First of all, they had a great party which was interrupted by the police.

0M4JrIl.png?1Qc2ULFg.png?1

A penguin stopped by. Jenny pet it, and it talked to the snowman. About... cities?

Gg9UiHk.png?1

Somebody decided that streaking in the snow was a good idea :lol:

mDZebVV.png?1

xHU1nRT.png?1

Jenny had the first love of her life :heart:

But the peace didn't last very long...

c8KBXsq.png?1f4GRsH5.png?1

Xs1ORZo.png?1

A man in a black suit came over, did a weird chicken dance and then kidnapped Jenny!

2P2LpT8.png?1

Turns out Jenny is now part of a secret society! I was planning to get her into one of them, but apparently she's made friends with some members and they wanted her to join. Crazy, I was so surprised :astonished:

yGAK4Jy.png?1

As if that wasn't enough, they have a phone on which you can summon the Grim Reaper. Not creepy at all...

m3ry8pJ.png?1H3zMgWl.png?1gRleJ2T.png?1

So Jenny is part of it, and did the secret chicken dance hand shake with one of her dorm mates.

Who knows what will happen next!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Woot! They're doing well.
    I like Uni in TS2, too. I haven't played it in TS3- I do have it.
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @meepweep
    Nice pics of the Curious family in Strangetown! :)
    I change the weather to be autumn (fall) all year round in College neighbourhoods - making skill building easier for the students.
    I hope you don't mind me writing that I wouldn't have winter in Strangetown as it is somewhere in the desert.
    In the main neighbourhood and my custom downtown, I set the weather to summer, autumn, autumn, summer.
    It is good to see the Curious girls having a romantic interest! :)
  • Options
    @Rflong7 I know right! I've really tried to have them be as high rank in school as I can :)

@LadysimPlayer8 Thank you! Yes, I've thought about it being strange that they have snow in the desert :lol: I didn't think of actually changing it but I might! Yes, Jenny seems very much in love. I might get Linda a love interest before college ends or I'll have her and Servo hit it off lmao

I haven't played in a while but in the upcoming days I'll be posting pictures. Thank you all for commenting! :heart:
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member

This is the phone you found.
    With the University expansion pack the Grim Reaper can be bribed to resurrect dead Sims with the Resurrect-O-Nomitron, which is the career reward for the Paranormal career track.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I rarely play premeds, but when I do, I almost always play the Curious family.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01