Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitched Twin

Okay so my sims had twins. As they were aging up to child, only the boy aged up. ( Its one boy and one girl ) So I turned on cheats and went into CAS to age her up. After that I thought the problem was fixed but then she did not go to school and under her school button it said there were no available schools near her. Is there a way I can fix that??

Comments

• Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    aarondayy wrote: »
    Okay so my sims had twins. As they were aging up to child, only the boy aged up. ( Its one boy and one girl ) So I turned on cheats and went into CAS to age her up. After that I thought the problem was fixed but then she did not go to school and under her school button it said there were no available schools near her. Is there a way I can fix that??

Number one, twins don't age up together :D I've personally always found that disappointing, but twins act like regular siblings that are just born at once :$
    And number two, aging Sims up in CAS is extremely buggy and I don't think there's a way to fix them completely... I guess you could try resetting them. Or what would be best: in case you haven't saved your game after she aged up, you could quit the game and reload it and age her up again either with the birthday cake (which is probably the least buggy) or "Trigger Age Transition" with testingcheats... if you've saved already, she's sadly probably gonna be buggy until her next life stage.. :/
    but that's only as far as I know, if anyone knows a good way to fix it (maybe with mods, if you're willing to try that?) that would be awesome :)
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2016
    If using mods, NRaas MasterController could be used to do a MC Reset on her (this is different from a testingcheats resetsim). But if that doesn't work, or if not using mods, I would suggest retreating to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the map, copy the residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. Then see if you can send her or her parents to a school to "register" her (that step may not be necessary).

Back on the mods again, NRaas Overwatch and ErrorTrap can help prevent the age-stuck thing from happening in the first place.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @aarondayy Is your stuck sim a "Mermaid"? Has one of your twins an imaginary friend (the magic doll)? Is the age-stucked twin wearing any custom content?

All those can cause hard-to-deal-with no aging bugs.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    RainaElfRainaElf Posts: 35 Member
    odd. my twins aged up together, kind of - a sim day apart. then all at once the brother aged up, graduated from high school, and joined a career at the local hospital. his twin sister is still in high school a sim month or so later. i've never played twins before, but after reading this thread, i'm assuming this is normal. ;)
  • Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    RainaElf wrote: »
    odd. my twins aged up together, kind of - a sim day apart. then all at once the brother aged up, graduated from high school, and joined a career at the local hospital. his twin sister is still in high school a sim month or so later. i've never played twins before, but after reading this thread, i'm assuming this is normal. ;)

that's pretty odd if you have the "natural" aging on :o
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    RainaElfRainaElf Posts: 35 Member
    Sel wrote: »
    that's pretty odd if you have the "natural" aging on :o

I do!