Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 on windows 8.1

simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
I've been interested in trying to install my sims 2 game onto my windows 8.1 computer since we got it back in December. I looked it up on the ea site and it said something about sims 2 ultimate edition and being able to play via origin so I wouldn't have to patch the games.
What is that? I've never heard of it.
I have The sims 2 Deluxe Edition. I thought that was the highest one.

I need help. If I don't have the right version and I manage to install it via compatibility mode (or whatever) I do have the patches on an old external hard drive. Would I be wasting my time trying to use those patches?
I would really like to know how to install this game into my computer.
Are there new patches for the game somewhere?
Is there a way to get the ultimate edition? I really don't want to by yet another copy of this game that I still enjoy playing. (I miss the huggles a lot)
I know that I have a lot more questions, but I can't think right now.
Please help me.
Thank you.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• Options
    mookie1981mookie1981 Posts: 189 Member
    I just installed my sims 3 ultimate edition on my windows 8.1 and I didn't have an issue. I installed it yesterday. I got the collection from orgin when it was free. It should work I also didn't have a patch.
    2vmcal4.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    But I've never heard of sims 2 ultimate edition. Can anyone help me figure out how to install my deluxe edition into my windows 8.1 computer? It looks like I may have missed out on the ultimate edition.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    For the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, you can contact EA Customer Service. Tell them you are having issues loading your Sims 2 Deluxe Edition on your new computer. If the Deluxe Edition is already in your Origin account, that should make it really easy for them to verify you have it, and fingers crossed, they'll just give you the Sims 2 UC and put it in your Origin account. If the person doesn't seem willing to help, wait and try again later. Some of the Customer Service reps are more willing to give the Sims 2 UC than others. If I remember correctly, the Sims 2 UC includes all the patches so when you install it, it will be completely patched.
  • Options
    Lennaxx123Lennaxx123 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, does anyone know how to make sims 2 on windows 8.1 work.. i installed it with one cd it was perfectly fine but it always says that it has some kind of compability issue and i've tried everything.. it will only show the the sims 2 logo and say that i need to put the cd in but it's already in..i dont want to do that stuff with origin or whatever bc a saw a lot of people manage to play the sims without the origin and ultimate collection i think some even suggested to download that but i dont want any of that i only have the base game if you say it like that, i dont have any expansions cuz im not interested in them? pls help mee idk what to do anymore....
  • Options
    LykkeLeafLykkeLeaf Posts: 214 Member
    The Sims 2 is an old game, it's normal to have issues with it, especially if you install it from a CD on newer systems. I strongly recommend you all to contact origin customer service and ask them for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. That might fix most of the problems you are encountering. :)
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    LykkeLeaf wrote: »
    The Sims 2 is an old game, it's normal to have issues with it, especially if you install it from a CD on newer systems. I strongly recommend you all to contact origin customer service and ask them for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. That might fix most of the problems you are encountering. :)

Which doesn't really help if we do not want the UC, but just want to figure out how to install the CD version we have and make that work. So, if someone has some info on that for us CD users, that would be awesome, thanks!