Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seating at a counter?

ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
Can the Sims be seated at a counter instead of a table at a restaurant? I have a Japanese restaurant that has counter seating around the chef station so the patrons can watch as their meal is prepared. I would love to have the host seat them there instead of a table. Is this possible? I know that you can move your Sim to the counter once they are seated, but the waiter delivers the food to the table, anyway!
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I don't have DO, but from what I've seen I wouldn't think so. The ordering, delivering, etc all seem to be tied to tables specifically.
    Would be nice if they added the function to counters as well though.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I don't think so, either. I tried to recreate my favorite diner from the town we used to live in in CA. Subsequent diner, has since closed to my great chagrin (we always visited when we were back in CA). There is a counter for seating in it. I originally set the longer tables there, but those only seat three per table. My party of four left the one Sim sitting at the booth across and behind them. :open_mouth: So, I did a little experiment. The next time I opened the game I went into that lot and traded out the long tables for actual counters, which allowed for much greater seating capacity. However, during game play when I sent my Sims there to eat, the counter was empty. I'm going to try again. This time I will put in the individual tables to see if that works. I know a party of four probably won't fit, but maybe they can at least sit next to the others? My problem is, I was only in control of two of the Sims, otherwise I could have had the other two request a table, although they would likely be seated somewhere else. The only other option is to allow the patrons to seat themselves! The, at least the 'sit here together' interaction might work.

It is a problem that I hope is fixed in the future, or that some genius player can come up with either a mod or a walk-around. It's just a bit frustrating. Even if you push two booths together, you can't get enough seating, as you can't place another free standing small table between the other two. Most of these places have at least a 'leaf' that can be dragged from one table to the other for larger parties. I just thought of something that may help me. Dang! I love it when these moments of inspiration strike. I'll have to try placing a chair or more correctly that small/short bar stool on the free end of said table. Perhaps that would work?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If you place their food so that the most obviously nearest seat is at a counter there's a good chance they'll sit there. People on here have mentioned sims sitting at counters to eat in restaurants.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I figured that parties will find a table that will seat everyone in their party. Since counters only seat one person per counter, a party would not likely choose a counter since they can not all sit at one counter. So, I tried sending one Sim to see if he could be seated at a counter. I tried everything I could think of, but I still couldn't get him seated at a counter. I put a stove in the mix of counters and the Sims can use it to make their own food and sit at the counter, but that's not quite the same. However, it is nice having the stove by the chef station so I can dress the owner up as a chef and he can cook right next to the chef station! Kind of neat, except the patrons won't eat what he cooks.... oh well.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I don't know about counters, but I have a restaurant using the counter height tables from DO and patrons were being seated there.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    What about doing something like this?
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Maybe use a table instead of counters? Isnt one of the new tables counter height?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top