Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Male sims with feminine frame can't access the swimsuits sets. Are you 🐸🐸🐸🐸 kidding me Maxis?

This new patch about gender and stuff was so rushed and it's terrible.

First, if you create a male sim and change his frame/physique to feminine you can't have access to the breast slider and now you can't have access to the set of swimsuits. Why? Why are you limiting the players like this? You are trying to please the LGBTQIA crowd but you are doing it wrong with this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 patch.

I want a fix to this, i bought the game and a lot of packs and i want to create the sim that i have in mind, period.

Comments

• Options
    sikatossikatos Posts: 56 Member
    Wow, i'm the only one annoyed by this? Guess i should abandon this game then.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    You can change their clothing preference to feminine, are the clothing pieces still not showing up? This isn't a part of the game I use, or plan on using so I really am not too familiar.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    You can delete the feminine filter to show all options.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited June 2016
    They never did say that 100% of the clothes were converted, did they? My recollection is that there are some nightwear items and dresses also not included. Maybe not everything converted well enough for release? For sure, they already have complaints on some of what they did release converted.

Honestly, I'm impressed they did this at all - and free to us, at that. I'm sure that if they have more time they can improve the system.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2016
    sikatos wrote: »

First, if you create a male sim and change his frame/physique to feminine you can't have access to the breast slider and now you can't have access to the set of swimsuits. Why? Why are you limiting the players like this? You are trying to please the LGBTQIA crowd but you are doing it wrong with this plum patch.

I want a fix to this, i bought the game and a lot of packs and i want to create the sim that i have in mind, period.

Hmm, no need to be so aggressive. You should be thankful EA added in a feature which is still considered so controversial in the first place. :astonished: Males can't have breasts because having breasts would make them female. And I'm sure male Sims can wear female swimsuits (I've never used this myself) but you just have to remove the male tag on clothing.

EA is very supportive of the LGB community, and now the transgender community. I couldn't see any other games company adding this in.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,764 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

First, if you create a male sim and change his frame/physique to feminine you can't have access to the breast slider and now you can't have access to the set of swimsuits. Why? Why are you limiting the players like this? You are trying to please the LGBTQIA crowd but you are doing it wrong with this plum patch.

Hmm, no need to be so rude. You should be thankful EA added in such a controversial feature in the first place. :astonished: Males can't have breasts because having breasts would make them female. And I'm sure male Sims can wear female swimsuits (I've never used this myself) but you just have to remove the male tag on clothing.

EA is very supportive of the LGB community, and now the transgender community. I couldn't see any other games company adding this in.

um dude? Male have breasts as well having breasts doesn't make you female.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee How so? I know that females transitioning to males will have beasts, but usually they have them removed as part of the full transition. And some men can have chests which look like breasts but they don't have the same breast tissue as a woman, it's just fat or muscle.
  • Options
    rossthebest1rossthebest1 Posts: 115 Member
    You are trying to please the LGBTQIA crowd but you are doing it wrong with this plum patch.

Some people are never satisfied

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,764 Member
    oh? Then how come when my father who was born and raise as a MAN-and has you know what underneath, have nipples on his breast? I should know since in the summer he walks bare-chested in the summer.

Also non-transgender males can get breast cancer, which means they have breasts
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    You can delete the feminine filter to show all options.

It doesn't show even doing this, i'm not stupid.
  • Options
    SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    I've never tried this until now, and... I couldn't change the breasts either. But the swimsuit was easy, just cancel the "masculine" filter.
  • Options

Hmm, no need to be so aggressive. You should be thankful EA added in a feature which is still considered so controversial in the first place. :astonished: Males can't have breasts because having breasts would make them female. And I'm sure male Sims can wear female swimsuits (I've never used this myself) but you just have to remove the male tag on clothing.

So because of this they can't take criticism and i can't point it out things that are wrong with the patch? Stop kissing EA "cheeks" and just accepting everything that they do.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    oh? Then how come when my father who was born and raise as a MAN-and has you know what underneath, have plum on his breast? I should know since in the summer he walks bare-chested in the summer.

Also non-transgender males can get breast cancer, which means they have breasts

Fair enough, I just didn't know that. You learn something new everyday.
  • Options
    I've never tried this until now, and... I couldn't change the breasts either. But the swimsuit was easy, just cancel the "masculine" filter.

You guys are not paying attention, you can't access the swimsuit sets, only the bikinis. When you access the full body option as a female, it shows the swimsuits but as a male it doesn't and even removing the tag for masculine.
  • Options

So because of this they can't take criticism and i can't point it out things that are wrong with the patch? Stop kissing EA "cheeks" and just accepting everything that they do.

I don't kiss up to anyone, least of all EA. But I don't complain just for the sake of complaining either. If you think this is an important issue you'd like to see change, I'd suggest mentioning this to the gurus or posting in the bug thread.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    the only one that sadden me was the corset not being converted to male. i would love to recreate a frank n furter (rocky horror picture show character) but it would be nice if we could of gotten the fake breast look on males but it's good for something that was free tho
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member

You guys are not paying attention, you can't access the swimsuit sets, only the bikinis. When you access the full body option as a female, it shows the swimsuits but as a male it doesn't and even removing the tag for masculine.

Has it mentioned in Patch Notes, not all clothing could be converted, thought I might be in future patches we hope.
  • Options
    SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited June 2016

Alright, I get it. I see what you're saying now.

There are a lot of things that aren't perfect and a lot of options that we don't have that would be nice to have. I'm not trying to invalidate your concern, but there are much better ways to go about it. Instead of getting angry and shouting that you Want This Fixed Now (TM), write this as a well constructed argument and put it in the feedback or ideas forums. In the meantime, enjoy what you can about what is there because it's not only the best option you have, it's the most progressive option you're going to find.