Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Dine Out - Can only have 1 host?

I've been trying to get another host/hostess for my restaurant but there's no perk or anything like that to allow me to hire another one. I've googled it with no luck on finding an answer.

Can we only have one host? Or am I doing something wrong where I cannot hire another one?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2016
    I have wondered the same. There doesn't seem to be an option.
    If only we as managers could also sit people on tables...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    It doesn't look like it's an option at this time, though I wish it was. Or, as AlbaWaterhouse said, if only managers could sit people as well... Maybe that's something they can adjust with a patch.
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    Yeah thats a good idea actually, then your manages good priorities a table for you vip guests :smiley:
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    I was wondering why no extra host. Would be nice to have people put their seat a bit faster since mine has a big flow of people coming in o.O
  • Options
    AlicesaanAlicesaan Posts: 54 Member
    Oh darn. Well it's not to hear i'm not the only one noticing this issue.

It would be a really good idea to allow managers to seat people as well. They do that in real restaurants too, it would be a nice patch in.

Thank you everyone for your replies.
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    Yeah, it can be super-annoying at times when you really need to seat people!

For example, a food critic came late in the shift, and the host did not seat him for hours! I couldn't close the restaurant with him at 3 stars, so I frantically tried to make her seat him, but it took several sim hours and the other staff got tired whilst this was happening, and well - it was just a mess.

I understand the developers thinking that one sim can't do everything so they make us the delegators, but in situations like that it would be nice to have the opportunity to do something other than stand there and watch it all fall apart.
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Have any of you tried having TWO host podiums in your restaurants yet? In Sims 2... when we had 2 Host podiums in a restaurant, there would then be TWO hosts. I noticed this problem too and am going to add a second podium and see if it helps.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    skyeuk05skyeuk05 Posts: 122 Member
    I was thinking the same. Im having several bug issues in the game as it is - the host has a mind of her own whether to bother sitting anyone or not so would be nice if the management could sit people too, also think would be good if we could take orders/serve when busy. I had created a whole family of chefs ready for the game to play, got all their skills up etc... didnt realise we wouldnt be able to actually run it all as a family
  • Options
    AlicesaanAlicesaan Posts: 54 Member
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    Have any of you tried having TWO host podiums in your restaurants yet? In Sims 2... when we had 2 Host podiums in a restaurant, there would then be TWO hosts. I noticed this problem too and am going to add a second podium and see if it helps.

Yes, I initially put in two podiums from the start. Because I remember of playing Sims 2. However, this did not work for having another host sadly.