Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To remove MODs and cc for update, how?

Can you just remove the game saves folder and MODs folder for the update or do you actually have to go to all houses that you put CC in and physically remove it? I just started using MODs and CC in this game so please help soon.
7FXGVZ1.jpg?1

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    You don't need to do anything! Several patches ago, they made it so the game automatically disables your mods/cc for the update. After the update, you will need to open your game, and it will tell you they've been disabled. You can re-enable them and restart your game without any issues. Just make sure to check for updates for your mods as they may become outdated and cause issues.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Mods and CC will altomatically be 'blocked' from the game when you first download the patch. You can re-activate it by going into the settings and re-enabling mods.

Generally CC will be fine after a patch. Ive personally never had an issue.

Script mods will likley be your biggest problems with patching. I use MCCommand centre and most of the time its okay directly after a patch. You just have to check the mods page for updates regularly for notifications about any issues or errors a new patch may have caused.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Just pull out the Mods folder to your desktop or elsewhere, until after the update.

Technically. patches now automatically disable your CC,
    but I guess to be safe, just move your Mods folder before updating.
    Saves folder doesn't need moving.
    I only recommend backing it up (copy & paste to a safe spot on your PC, to be safe, in case anything happens to game unexpectedly.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Ok thank you @jessathemessa
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    @LunaNova when I used MCC in TS3 I had so many problems with the game that I have been shy about using in this game. That's one reason I haven't used MODs b4 now in TS4. But I was just reading about the update and the first thing they suggested was to remove MODs and CC. I play rotationally and have 10 lots and I don't want to have to visit all lots to pull CC. I pulled MODs folder at last update, I thought if I just pull game folder until update is thru ... @SimplySimazing I guess making a copy would be the best.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1