Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wishing Well in RGS?

I have not had any luck with wishes in RGS. I've tried with 3 different sims. They gave a big donation & I got the notification the well would grant any wish. Then my sims were wishing for skills, but the well frowned upon them for wanting a short cut and they now progress slowly. I waited awhile. went back, donated and tried again and got the same result. He was smiling and had received proper offering. I also don't think my sims were too skilled.

Has anyone gotten a positive result? Am I doing something wrong? I want them to get skills again and now it's so slow.
Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
ltx83WK.png

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I've gotten some smaller bonuses (few levels or skill faster) and one of my sims got her writing skill maxed! My sims had very low skills to begin with though, nothing maxed or even close to maxed.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    In my last game I had the opposite problem. I wanted the negative results and so never donated and always waited until it was the Reaper face... and yet every wish was granted with one of the positive outcomes! Gah! Frustrating.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    That's crazy. 1 sim did have 1 skill maxed but no other skills, the other sims had very low skills no max and so I'm not sure why it got so mad. I wish there was a way to reverse it lol.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    One of my sims is a single mother and she was down to $2000 simoleons so went to wish for more money. She made an offering and then had every last cent taken by the well. lol, flat broke! She had to go dig some rocks and harvest some plants so she could go home and make dinner for her daughter.

That's honestly the only time I have tried it. But I am getting up the nerve to try again!
  • Options
    Oh no!! Yeah my luck is rotten apparently.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I was hoping my Sim could ask for his life to be extended. He was already and elder, but didn't have enough points for the potion. He was level 9 in the Medical and just needed a few more days to get to the top. Sadness. Apparently, this isn't something you can wish for. He died before achieving his goal. I'm totally bummed out about it, too. He was my first born in-game alien, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @GalacticGal you can wish for an extension to life... "wish for youthful vigor"

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/stuffpacks/romanticgarden/
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    My 9th generation sim managed to get an entire child skill maxed out by the well, sadly it's random, and it was the Mental one. I wanted Social.

Later on in his life, I made him into a player, and he had well over 20 children out of wedlock at the time. I have the MCCC mod, so child support payments are enabled. You can imagine the shock on my face when I get a notification that he owes over $20,000 in child support. There was NO way he could afford it on his current salary.

I made a last ditch effort to wish for money at the well and he managed to win the lottery! +$17,000

He's safe... for now... he has over 40+ kids now, so it's only a matter of time before the bills show up. :(
  • Options
    Wow, I would not be able to handle all those child support bills. I just wish I could get a positive outcome from it.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I have not had any luck with wishes in RGS. I've tried with 3 different sims. They gave a big donation & I got the notification the well would grant any wish. Then my sims were wishing for skills, but the well frowned upon them for wanting a short cut and they now progress slowly. I waited awhile. went back, donated and tried again and got the same result. He was smiling and had received proper offering. I also don't think my sims were too skilled.

Has anyone gotten a positive result? Am I doing something wrong? I want them to get skills again and now it's so slow.

You can shift click on it and pick all positive outcomes with testingcheats if you don't mind cheating.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've gotten guaranteed promotions if I complete all the requirements (the bar goes all the way to the check mark), and I've gotten my Sim to adopt a child who came with the Good trait -- I consider that pretty positive.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)