Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

long long download

calwredcalwred Posts: 194 Member
I am playing sims 2 at moment, trying to build up a family line that runs from sims 1 to sims 4, but I was doing some work at the home and had a fire and with my sims in the game trying to put it out, one of my main sims died and after pleading with death, my sim was taken away, I tried exiting without saving to redo what I was doing and accidently hit save, now I try to play game and I get into the game fine, I have no problems, but however when I try starting my family, so perhaps I could try to bring my dead sim to life perhaps, it starts to download and keeps on downloading for 20 mins or more, I haven't seen it to its end, I have just turned off my system and restarted. It is a newly started game really less than 15 hours or so in and I haven't done much.

Asked before about going back a save and was told I couldn't. Wouldn't even know how if I could. I just started thinking about deleting family from lot and putting a fresh version in there and restarting but don't know how to.
[img][/img]192afc55f0f0d45fb7387a6809b7a0f1_zpsop9jbp0b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    I'm so sorry you lost your Sim. I take it you didn't have a fire alarm installed? I strongly suggest getting one to prevent further deaths by fire. I don't think the fire alarm is very expensive, and it will save the lives of the Sims living in the household.

Your loading issue sounds like it might be stemming from an incompatible mod. Have you downloaded any mods or CC lately? I tried installing a mod for my game and it caused my game to stop loading community lots. I was fine in the house, but if I wanted my sim to go somewhere, the loading screen would just sit there, and I'd have to force the game to shut down. I wound up uninstalling the mod and the game loaded back up just fine and community lots worked as they did pre-mod.

As to deleting the family and starting over? I can't advise you there. That's entirely up to you.
  • Options
    removed all mods that I put in from right before problems, most of them were from sims that were downloaded from other creators. it was easlier to check mods in sims 4, most of these mods that I pulled I cannot make hide or hair of them, no idea what they are at all. Started a new version of my family, was surprised this time my family is still in my original home but they are not in the family screen, and I couldn't replace one with another. How do you delete a family in sims 2 if they are already in a home.
  • Options
    ok it seems I may have to remove all the mods entirely because the problem is still somewhat going on, perhaps I will play this one with no mods
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    calwred wrote: »
    removed all mods that I put in from right before problems, most of them were from sims that were downloaded from other creators. it was easlier to check mods in sims 4, most of these mods that I pulled I cannot make hide or hair of them, no idea what they are at all. Started a new version of my family, was surprised this time my family is still in my original home but they are not in the family screen, and I couldn't replace one with another. How do you delete a family in sims 2 if they are already in a home.

I think you have to move them out of the home first, and that will put them in the bin. From there, I believe you can delete them.
  • Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    deleting them in the bin will corrupt your hood though.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I have removed most of the mods downloaded to game and will try again, I have created a new family and placed them in a new home. how do you delete the old family from game.

The only mods that I had downloaded were about 25 clothing mods and about 20 or so employment mods which some were jobs from Sims 1 and Sims 3 that were changed to work in Sims 2 I also downloaded about 35 Sims from various creators and some of the mods removed could have been clothing mods from them. Most of those mods though I couldn't even understand what they were, just a bunch of scrambled numbers and letters, no descriptions at all. They are saved in a pair of files outside of game and there are a few still in game, because I want to see if they work in game before I try putting any of the others back in.

Like I said, Had no problems starting game and no problem loading the world that they were in but when I tried loading the family to play it kept loading and loading for a good 20 to 25 minutes or more, the only way to stop it was to log off my system and then relog in and the game would have been turned off, at first I moved all the mods I had downloaded right before I had the problem and I still had it and then I removed a majority of what I had left, and will try again. in Sims 4 when I had a problem like this it was the main game loading screen and I had to go through mod after mod to see which was the problem and it took a while.

These mods I might just delete and play with very little mods because I don't feel like going through two loading screen to a third to see if it works each time I may keep one or a few of them if I can get everything working and hopefully I don't have to delete and reinstall sims 2, that would be a pain, since I had the majority of the discs and that would be like perhaps 3 hours to download or more. I may try to take a few photos of my discs and cases and codes and may try to get a downloaded copy of Sims 2 from EA, I hear they are still giving them out but you have to provide proof that you own the game.
  • Options
    i started a new family and game started so I can play the family only I can give them things to do but they seem to be stuck in their starting positions. I have tried all the speeds and nothing.
  • Options
    any advice to get them moving or what is making them frozen in their starting spots
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @calwred
    If I were you I would move out the downloads folder to your desktop as well as any mods to eliminate that is the cause.
    I assume you have not used any custom content for this latest family?
    If you have used the boolprop testingcheats on and not turned it off, this might be a cause.
    Did you move the previous family out to the family bin?
    Although you can delete the family from here it can cause corruption as SleepycatDSL writes and you never know it might be that corruption that is causing the family to be frozen.
  • Options
    The original family is still in their home and the boolProp, I thought were like in sims 3 and 4, once you log out of game it turned itself off. Will check that out.
  • Options
    FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    edited May 2016
    Did you try deleting your cache files? Namely groups and accessories? Cause anytime that you add or delete CC you have to delete them and the game just regenerates them. Also NEVER EVER delete any sims in your game as that instantly corrupts your neighbourhood. Also read over these guides on what never to do. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Avoiding_Hood_Corruption and http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Avoiding_corruption. And if you are using the hoods that came shipped with the game, they are already pretty corrupted before you even start to play them. That's why its a good idea to install these cleaned up hoods http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html. That's if you like to play with Maxis hoods.
    Post edited by FearlessButterfly on