Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update.

Hello. I came to this forum last September looking for advice on a new computer. I ended up buying a laptop last November. I have a bunch of expansions now. I started out with the Sims 3 Starter Pack, which is the base game, Late Night and high end loft stuff. Now I also have Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, University Life, Generations and Showtime. I like the cool and unique stuff it adds to my game. It's like different expansions open up a new dimension to the game. I have also been using mods like Nraas. I have played the Cinderella challenge and I have tried the 4 Immortal Sisters too. I have been having problems posting on the forum though. It seems like I can only post using my smartphone and not the full site.

Comments

• Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    It might just be because you are a new member. Sometimes, until you have a certain amount of comments, or likes, awesomes, etc badges for posting on the forums, you can't post pictures or do certain things on the forums. It should go away after your status switches over to member.

If that is not it, I am of no help. I'm guessing, though, that might be what it is. Welcome! :)
  • Options
    ShadowSwan355ShadowSwan355 Posts: 71 Member
    @StephSteb Thanks. I am still in new member status. For me, it feels like a welcome back.
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    edited May 2016
    @ShadowSwan355 - of course it's a welcome back, assuming that you have been here before. Otherwise I guess it's just a plain old "welcome". I assume that you're using the same username on your smartphone as on your computer, but I'll ask the silly question anyway: "are you using the same user account on both?". If so, then the problem likely has little to do with your New Member status and probably more to do with your browser.

If you have multiple browsers on your computer, try using a different one and see if the problem goes away. If you don't, I'd recommend adding either Firefox (mozilla.org) or Chrome (just Google for Chrome). If it does, then you've identified the culprit. If not, you can try cleaning out your browser's cache. Most browsers have that function somewhere in their settings or you can use a third-party utility like CCleaner (my preferred method since it does all of them at once). If that doesn't clear up the problem, then I'm going to admit to being stumped and hope that someone else can chime in with a better suggestion.
  • Options
    @marstinson Yes I am using the same account on the phone and laptop. I use Firefox as my main browser. I tried using different browsers (Chrome & Microsoft Edge) it didn't fix it. I also tried cleaning the cache for Firefox- nothing. I am going to sign out and try CCleaner.
  • Options
    Nope. Nothing.
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    The chump has been stumped, so let's see if we can snag an expert (@phoebebebe13). Any suggestions on why a user would be able to make forum posts with a smartphone, but not a regular computer, while using the same user account?