Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Actions are canceled when the game crashes

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims FreePlay
Sometimes if the game crashes, the game forgets what the Sims were doing and has their actions canceled which is annoying if working on a quest, doing a Hobby that has a long action, or Sims that are working or competing especially annoying as Sims can't go back to work and will also lose gained career performance, and the Sim also can't compete again until a new Competition is started.

That is problematic due to most of FreePlay (Quests/Hobbies/Events) being under a time limit not being helped by quests, hobbies, and certain Weekly Tasks with actions requiring several hours to a day to complete. Also Sims can't compete if they were previously competing in the Competition Center which is equally annoying as it's one of the possible ways to get 1/3 LPs per 24 hours. There's no way to tell if actions are canceled by crash unless one is greeted by the Welcome to The Sims FreePlay assuming a Sim has an action finished.

On older devices such as the iPod touch 4th Generation, it's really annoying since some areas such as the Sunset Mall tend to crash the game increasing the likehood of having actions canceled.

I don't know if Sims' actions get canceled when the game crashes on Windows Phone or Android versions or if this behavior is exclusive to iOS.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
Post edited by WinMacSims3 on

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    edited May 2016
    Hi WinMacSims3,

We've got an article which addresses similar issues that you're describing above: https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/200827400
    Post edited by SimGuruDrake on
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I agree because I also have a game on my old iPod touch 4g and I remember all the crashes too. But the crashes never happens on new and more powerful devices such as my iPad Air 2 or my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

The crashes on my old iPod touch mostly happened when I wanted a sim to visit a friend's town and I believe that the crashes were caused by the very limited amount of RAM which is only 256 mb on this old device (even though I have the 64 GB version of the iPod touch). But you are right that the game forgets what the sims are doing if it crashes.

The only problem I have in the android version on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is that all the pop-up boxes in this game are reduced to half size if I have opened too many other apps since the last time I played the game or if I don't enter the game immediately after I restart my device. But otherwise I can always get the boxes up to their full size again just by restarting my device :)

Still I won't recommend anybody to play the game on neither too old nor too cheap devices (like a cheap Denver tablet) because the game then becomes slower and much less stable.