Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Tiki Island Paradise EP!!

Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
edited December 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
This EP would consist of the following major elements:
-a new beach island world
-resorts
-scuba diving
-mermaid life stage
-houseboats
-lifeguard job

[b]NEW WORLD[/b]

This world is a large tropical island surrounded by a few smaller islands and a large expanse of ocean on all sides.
(The small islands could maybe be unlocked like in the Sims 3 Island Paradise.)
It has a mountain at the back, a large palm tree jungle in the core and against the mountain and white sandy beaches around the rim.
In the surrounding ocean, there are 4 diving spots where sims can dive and explore.

In the midst of the jungle or on the mountain, there can be a hidden lot of an Ancient Tiki Temple with a magical floating rock orb with blue runes of light. This could posses a magical ability, like causing strange weather or summoning the craken.

At the back of the mountain, there can be a beautiful, small romantic beach and a beautiful expanse of ocean. At night, the moon can be visible from that beach, full and large, seeming to hover inches above the water.
The Mysterious Diving spot could be next to this beach.

The world's community and residential lots have a tiki-theme. Airy relaxed community lots, luxorious mansions or  beach bungalows (all lots are wood and glass to make it feel breezy and open) and now house boats for sims to live on or visit as community boat lots.
Cute touches like wind chimes, tiki statues, beach decor, hammocks and lounge chairs add to a relaxed holiday atmosphere.

There would be a number of beaches around the world, ranging from flat and shallow to slopes and deep to add some diversity.
There could also be a busy wharf/waterfront with many boats ported there and a few seaside lots like a café and a retail store where shells, messages in bottles, crafted items etc. are for sale.
Among the boats would be community boat lots such as bars, dance clubs, a fish and chips restaurant (with the restaurant GP coming out soon) and houseboats.
There could also be a luxorious lounge boat near the Shipwreck Diving Spot. This boat would be very large, very luxorious (red carpets and furniture, gold decór and dark wood everywhere) and will take advantage of the Princess Cordelia theme we have come to love so much :)

Houseboats can be bought or built and are free to port or roam the oceanic public space within the neighbourhood that the boat is ported. The oceanic public space of neighbourhoods in the ocean must thus be quite large to allow some freedom and make up for the closed world. The house boats can travel; a loading screen will appear and the boat will be free to roam the public space of the new neighbourhood.

Boats could come in 3 sizes: small (15×10), medium (20×15) and large (25×20). To make multiple storeys possible, the return of ladders and spiral staircases will be welcome.
(A pretty spiral staircase with golden work of shells and sea life would compliment the EP and be very pleasing to have to build with).

[b]RESORTS[/b]

There would be a cute Bora-Bora themed resort along the coast somewhere, with little huts on the water and lounge chairs to watch the sunset, where sims can vacation much like with Outdoor retreat, only it's a lot and not a world.

Resorts can be built and thus it will include all the resort objects that you could need: the desk counter, food buffets (with options to set food quality), foodstands, firepit walk thing, new indoor and outdoor activities that can be done in groups, etc. and LOTS of new resort decór themed Spanish, Beach, Tiki, Greek, Ultra-Modern and run-down (for bad resorts with ugly, filthy furniture, uncomfortable beds and odours etc.)
The new lot traits can come in handy to give your resorts a certain special feeling or spawn pests and ghosts :P
Resort towers should be included, but I don't feel that it should be a lot requirement. 90% of the time when I build resorts in TS3, I forget about them and there isn't space, it doesn't match with my theme or I just want to build a resort with only VIP rooms.

It would be nice if little restaurant areas with set menu's could be built into the resort with Dine Out. If that Chef's kitchen stove set is installed somewhere, a pop-up menu will appear and you can choose a menu and hire a chef. When a sim clicks on a chef or that stove, they can decide to sit at one of the tables or get a take-away in their inventory to eat where they want. If they decide to sit at a table, it will work the same as with a normal restaurant.
Similarily, massage tables can be placed from Spa Day and masseuses (I hope I spelled that right) can be hired.

Critics could also review the resorts. They will review the food, decór, quality of furniture and activities available, which will give ratings out of five. This could also be a new branch or activity for the Critic career in City Living: Entertainment. These critics would review resorts, music, preformances by sims (singing, instruments, bands and comedy). (Of course not all of these Entertainment Critic ideas fit in with this EP; it could be included in an appropriate EP).

[b]SCUBA DIVING[/b]

There could be 4 diving spots. Since the Sims 4's art style is cartoony, it gives perfect oppurtunity to play with different types of scenery and even fantasy scenery, since the boundaries are moved. The ocean is beautiful and otherworldly, thus it offers freedom to create all-new diving spots.

[b]Mermadia-themed Diving spot[/b]

This diving spot could be based on the Barbie: Mermadia coral reef world. It includes mountains of beautiful pink, purple, blue etc. coral, sponges and a tall cliff with caves and flowing sea plants surrounding the diving site. Colourful, pretty fish would swim here and has clear, sapphire waters. This could be a hangout for mermaids.
This is a girly theme, but it is beautiful to behold and definitely something most people would love to explore.
This dive spot could be unlocked by befriending a mermaid and asking for a map.

[b]Shipwreck Diving spot[/b]

This would be a spooky spot with shattered ships everywhere, ugly sharp rocks and slimy, ghoslty green seaweed that seems to grasp at passing divers. Ugly fish and sharks would swim here. The water is murky green. There could be a pirate ghost that haunts the spot at night. Small chance to see the cracken here at midnight.

[b]Mysterious Diving spot[/b]

This spot is aimed at the mysterious feel of the open deep sea. The waters are royal blue and fade into dark blue at the edges. It has a large grey rock cliff at the one side with a cave at the bottom. The seabed is covered by sharp small shards of rock the colour of the cliff. Little blue crabs could scuttle around here and there on the bed. A rock with a large decorative open oyster and pearl could be on the edge of the lot. Schools of small silver fish couls swim by occasionaly. Small chance of seeing whales in the background-water: if a sim sees the whale, they can click on the far-off outline and "speak whale."

[b](HIDDEN LOT)[/b]
The cave at the bottom of the cliff can be explored. It could be the portal to the hidden Tiki Temple: an adventure pop-up menu would appear and after a sequence of correct answers, you are transported to the lot. The sim will stand in a cave next to a hole in the ground with the royal blue sea in it (basically the cave is an air-pocket) and the mouth of the cave has tall columns on either side that is decorated with ancient carvings and green moss that is hanging from the arch of the cave. When you walk out of the entrance cave, a large Tiki Temple is in the middle of the lot with all sorts of beautiful ancient Tiki decór, palm trees and waterfalls (the lot is hidden somewhere between mountain sides). Colourful birds fly around and perch on trees. In the middle of the temple floats the magical orb, which can be collected and possesses the ability to summon the cracken or something.

[b]Normal Diving spot[/b]

This is a diving spot based on Sims 3 Island Paradise diving lots, for a touch of realism and neutral natural beauty.

The game "Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown" has some beautiful ocean backdrops in its levels that can serve as inspiration for dive spots, especially the "Delving Deeper" level for the Mysterious Royal Blue diving spot, and the "Buccaneer Bay" level for the Shipwreck Diving spot.

Sims should be able to take underwater photos, collect things like seashells, catch fish and find treasure while diving.
Socialization underwater should be possible and sims can explore caves and a shipwreck.
On the note of photos, the electric photo frame from TS3 Ambitions could return to allow slide shows, as well as different sizes of frames to be able to enlarge photos on display. Photos should also again be able to be displayed on tables like in Sims 3.

[b]GAMEPLAY[/b]

-Tanning, building sandcastles, playing in sand and ocean, swimming in ocean, floating on inflatable objects in water, etc.

-New traits like sailor, hydrophobic etc.
-New aspiration: Pirate life for me
#unlock all islands, collect all seashells and messages in bottles, find treasure during diving, dive at all diving spots, kiss a mermaid, befriend the craken etc.

-New produce: coconuts, pineapples, mango, seaweed
-New recipes: sushi, fish stew, shrimp cocktail, fruit salad, etc.
-New drinks: fruity drinks like Long Island Ice Tea, Mango Daiquiri, Iced coconut etc. and a special coconut shell with juice and umbrella

-New collectables: shells, messages in bottles, ships in bottles, small sea creatures (like urchins)

-New outfits:
#Pirate outfit
#Tiki outfit and masks
#Mermaid outfits
#Beach clothes and bathing suits

-New job: Life Guard
-New life stage: Mermaid

-Updated pet fish system
#have to feed fish
#can build relationship with fish by watching and talking to
#fish will die if not fed or of age

Feel free to comment your ideas and thoughts about this as a possible expansion pack x
Post edited by Louise_G0325 on

Comments

• Options
    Ooh and relaxing beach-scene paintings <3 I think there should be much more paintings in buy mode and this would be nice for any home, beachy or no
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    What about reggae, dancehall, beach, and calypso music!
  • Options
    MezinkaMezinka Posts: 111 Member
    I LOVE that idea! Tanning, sun bathing on lounge chairs or beach towels! Sunburns and possible heat strokes! I would buy that ASAP!
    double_facepalm.jpg
    Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
  • Options
    RuthAnn107RuthAnn107 Posts: 55 Member
    That is a great idea. I would love to send my Sims on a tropical vacation. :)
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Yes please!!!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    DevaliaDevalia Posts: 22 Member
    Would love the ability to create your own resort/motel. This is the main thing I miss from upgrading from TS3 with Island Paradise.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I would love for my sims to be able to tan again. I thought it was a nice way for them relax.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    @12JEREMIA hahaha reggae music would be really cool. I can imagine sims swaying around a bonfire on the beach to it and having a good time :)
  • Options
    @Devalia yes I loved making resorts in Sims 3. That would be great to have back :D
  • Options
    And I just go another idea: return of the round roof and a texture to make it look like reeds or palm leaves! This would look spledid on little wood huts or outdoor bars :)
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    I think it would be a little weird having the mermaid life "Setting" or "Stage" before we get a supernatural themed expansion but I love the idea. Windenburg is beautiful but imagine this new world <3 .
  • Options
    It would be cool if we can make our own barges with a tool similar to the wall tool, then we can choose whether we want a standard square barge or a ship-shaped barge etc. When we buy a barge, a sort of lot forms and we can drag our barge's shape in that lot :smile:
  • Options
    With the Dine Out game pack, I just want to make a fish and chips restaurant on a boat!!
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    This is a great idea! :)
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Pool bars like in TS3 would be really fun as well! And the ability to make an island in the middle of a pool. Currently, if you try to make an island, the pool just fills the space you left open /:
  • Options
    GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    biolum-990x500.jpg

^^This too please :)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm not a fan of the tropics.

I'd much rather something like Blue Lagoon in Iceland.

Tropical has been done to death, it's time for something new.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    @movotti
    The thing is, TS4 doesn't have a beach at all and many players feel its absence. Also, the reason that tropics have been done so much, is because it's popular and many people love it. I know I do, and it also opens up a lot of options for stories :)
    Anyway, there will probably be a lagoon in a new vacation destination eventually so you can enjoy that while those of us who like tropics can enjoy this :blush:
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm a fan of the tropics but this is literally just TS3 Island Paradise. So you'd want to pay money for an expansion we've had, just another version of it? Where's the creativity? Maybe instead it would be better if these features were done separately so they can be more diverse and more in depth; a Beach Life Gamepack, and an expansion pack that lets you explore and settle on diverse islands (not just tropical but also Asian, Nordic, African, etc. each with its own objects/collectibles/skills)

But I love some of the little ideas like a magic tiki temple!!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This EP would consist of the following major elements:
    -a new beach island world
    -scuba diving
    -mermaid life stage
    -houseboats
    -lifeguard job

NEW WORLD

This world is a large tropical island surrounded by a few smaller islands and a large expanse of ocean on all sides.
    (The small islands could maybe be unlocked like in the Sims 3 Island Paradise.)
    It has a mountain at the back, a large palm tree jungle in the core and against the mountain and white sandy beaches around the rim.
    In the surrounding ocean, there are 4 diving spots where sims can dive and explore.

In the midst of the jungle or on the mountain, there can be a hidden lot of an Ancient Tiki Temple with a magical floating rock orb with blue runes of light. This could posses a magical ability, like causing strange weather or summoning the craken.

At the back of the mountain, there can be a beautiful, small romantic beach and a beautiful expanse of ocean. At night, the moon can be visible from that beach, full and large, seeming to hover inches above the water.
    The Mysterious Diving spot could be next to this beach.

The world's community and residential lots have a tiki-theme. Airy relaxed community lots, luxorious mansions or  beach bungalows (all lots are wood and glass to make it feel breezy and open) and now house boats for sims to live on or visit as community boat lots.
    Cute touches like wind chimes, tiki statues, plum decor, hammocks and lounge chairs add to a relaxed holiday atmosphere.

There would be a number of beaches around the world, ranging from flat and shallow to slopes and deep to add some diversity.
    There could also be a busy wharf/waterfront with many boats ported there and a few seaside lots like a café and a retail store where shells, messages in bottles, crafted items etc. are for sale.
    Among the boats would be community boat lots such as bars, dance clubs, a fish and chips restaurant (with the restaurant GP coming out soon) and houseboats.
    There could also be a luxorious lounge boat near the Shipwreck Diving Spot. This boat would be very large, very luxorious (red carpets and furniture, gold decór and dark wood everywhere) and will take advantage of the Princess Cordelia theme we have come to love so much :)

Houseboats can be bought or built and are free to port or roam the oceanic public space within the neighbourhood that the boat is ported. The oceanic public space of neighbourhoods in the ocean must thus be quite large to allow some freedom and make up for the closed world. The house boats can travel; a loading screen will appear and the boat will be free to roam the public space of the new neighbourhood.

Boats could come in 3 sizes: small (15×10), medium (20×15) and large (25×20). To make multiple storeys possible, the return of ladders and spiral staircases will be welcome.
    (A pretty spiral staircase with golden work of shells and sea life would compliment the EP and be very pleasing to have to build with).

SCUBA DIVING

There could be 4 diving spots. Since the Sims 4's art style is cartoony, it gives perfect oppurtunity to play with different types of scenery and even fantasy scenery, since the boundaries are moved. The ocean is beautiful and otherworldly, thus it offers freedom to create all-new diving spots.

#1 Mermadia-themed Diving spot

This diving spot could be based on the Barbie: Mermadia coral reef world. It includes mountains of beautiful pink, purple etc. coral, sponges and a tall cliff with caves and flowing sea plants surrounding the diving site. Colourful, pretty fish would swim here and has clear, sapphire waters. This could be a hangout for mermaids.
    This is a girly theme, but it is beautiful to behold and definitely something most people would love to explore.

#2 Shipwreck Diving spot

This would be a spooky spot with shattered ships everywhere, ugly sharp rocks and slimy, ghoslty green seaweed that seems to grasp at passing divers. Ugly fish and sharks would swim here. The water is murky green. There could be a pirate ghost that haunt the spot at night.

#3 Mysterious Diving spot

This spot is aimed at the mysterious feel of the open deep sea. The waters are royal blue and fade into dark blue at the edges. It has a large grey rock cliff at the one side with a cave at the bottom. The seabed is covered by sharp (but not threatening) small rocks the colour of the cliff. Little blue crabs could scuttle around here and there on the bed. A rock with a large decorative open oyster and pearl could be on the edge of the lot. Schools of small silver fish couls swim by occasionaly.
    The idea is the mysterious royal blue open deep, so not much life happens here, but it is very beautiful.

#4 Normal Diving spot

This is a diving spot based on Sims 3 Island Paradise diving lots, for a touch of realism and neutral natural beauty.

Sims should be able to take underwater photos, collect things like seashells, catch fish and find treasure while diving.
    Socialization underwater should be possible and sims can explore caves and a shipwreck.

On the note of photos, the electric photo frame could return to allow slide shows, as well as different sizes of frames to be able to enlarge photos on display. Photos should also again be able to be displayed on tables like in Sims 3.

GAMEPLAY

-Tanning, building sandcastles, playing in sand and ocean, swimming in ocean, floating on inflatable objects in water, etc.
    -New traits like sailor, hydrophobic etc.
    -New aspiration: Pirate life for me
    #unlock all islands, collect all seashells and messages in bottles, find treasure during diving, dive at all diving spots, kiss a mermaid, befriend the craken etc.
    -New produce: coconuts, pineapples, mango, seaweed
    -New recipes: sushi, fish stew, shrimp cocktail, fruit salad, etc.
    -New drinks: fruity drinks like Long Island Ice Tea, Mango Daiquiri, Iced coconut etc. and a special coconut shell with juice and umbrella
    -New outfits:
    #Pirate outfit
    #Tiki outfit and masks
    #Mermaid outfits
    #plum clothes and bathing suits
    -New job: Life Guard
    -New life stage: Mermaid
    #not going into detail here
    -Updated pet fish system
    #have to feed fish
    #can build relationship with fish by watching and talking to
    #fish will die if not fed or of age

Feel free to comment your ideas and thoughts about this as a possible expansion pack x

Yes to all and now we can place seafood restaurants there.
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake
    If it is no trouble, I would love for you to read this :blush:
    I also encluded ideas for Critics in City Living, so that could be expanded upon with this EP.
    Thanks and love what the team is doing :)