Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THIS IS NOT FAIR ... =X

Hey Simmers !!

I'm really upset right now ... I tried to play the game but it's imposible. When Sims go to sleep, or eat or something else it takes tooooooooo looooonnnngggggggggg ... and I want to speed up a little and that option don't work ... !!! Oh my God ... why ? why ?? why????

We need a Patch ... yes we need it !! I spend to much money and time and now I don't want to play because it get's on my nerves!!!!

I'm so sad ... so so so sad ... :(

Comments

• Options
    LelioLelio Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Im sad too hun i cant even get the game to work.. doesnt look like theres anything i can do either /hugs
  • Options
    Kathy19122Kathy19122 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    same here mines got stuck on installing freaks=[ only four bars im so mad too.

this game has cost us a lot of headaches i guess we should waited more
    SOMEONE OUT THERE WE NEED YA HELP!!

• Options
    PersonalEpitaphPersonalEpitaph Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2009
    Um... I'm not quite sure what you're saying is wrong. It's not very clear in your post.

If you're talking about the fast-forward buttons not working at all, this may be something on your end. They work fine for me, and many other simmers.

Now, if you're complaining that it's not fast enough, I don't know what to tell you. It could again be something with your computer specs, or you could just be impatient. I would suggest trying to play a household with more than one sim to begin with. It might be more interesting for you?
  • Options
    vania295vania295 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No no ... they just don't work at all ... it's very very veeery slow, and worst ... they have all the same speed. It's so weird and I don't know what to do !

But hey ... good luck to you all ... this sucks but in your position I would kill myself :x :?
  • Options
    SaraSauruSsSaraSauruSs Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2009
    thats the same problem i'm having (plus black screen, freezing, ect.) i went to the help section at the top fo the menu...the button after free stuff. anyway, i went to the first topic about sims3 issues, and then i did their check your system. it tells you if you need more ram, ect. very very helpful. it basically told me i need a new computer ;[
  • Options
    mantapandamantapanda Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yes you need to make sure your computer meets the specs for the game. I had a bran new computer but still needed to upgrade my graphics card.
  • Options
    melissawarholmelissawarhol Posts: 133 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If your settings are set to the lowest they can possibly go, and you're still having trouble, it's your computer. :? Sorry
  • Options
    mikes1987mikes1987 Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2009
    atleast you can play your game most of us our comps crash *sighs* I'm really sick of dealing with this cause 3/4s of us can't play the game other then just build mode. Some cant even play CAS! I can but it crashed on me once with blue screen! the other times it was blackout screen and then once it was a soft crash to desktop. Its cause the why they birned the discs and the programming. They are working on a patch is what I read/heard
  • Options
    BANGFrandBANGFrand Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No, it's not fair. But at least you can play. Mine crashes every 10 minutes.

I hope that EA posts the patch soon!
    Let's hope for the best.
  • Options
    jeanamariejeanamarie Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Its not the computer. Don't listen to the people that try to make you feel like theirs is working fine. If it was then they wouldn't be on here. The speeds are not what they used to be. The fastest speed is equivalent to the medium speed on TS1 and 2..... Its barely any faster than the normal speed.
  • Options
    MooMonkeyMooMonkey Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's the actual game itself. I don't let it bother me. I run something else over top of it while I'm waiting. You know you can put the game in a window now right?
  • Options
    mikes1987mikes1987 Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2009
    MooMonkey wrote:
    It's the actual game itself. I don't let it bother me. I run something else over top of it while I'm waiting. You know you can put the game in a window now right?
    yeah but if your in a chat window with friends while playing and it crashes your comp you vanish and have to restart your comp. Not really a great idea *sighs* hope they post the patch like next week.
  • Options
    vania295vania295 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm afraid that we you'll have to wait a long time 'till we have the patch ... And play it that way makes me crazy so I'll have to wait. I'm mad right now ... maaaadddd !!! :evil:
  • Options
    kooliekay_1kooliekay_1 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    mikes1987 wrote:
    MooMonkey wrote:
    yeah but if your in a chat window with friends while playing and it crashes your comp you vanish and have to restart your comp. Not really a great idea *sighs* hope they post the patch like next week.

Mine has crashed twice with a black screen, but I've never had to restart my computer. Do Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end the program. It'll return to your desktop with no shutting down.

I hope the patch fixes a lot of the problems. But seriously guys, what did you expect? The first installment in nearly 5 years? Of course it's going to have some bugs. Everything does. Just keep playing over the problems and you'll get over it when the patch comes out.
  • Options
    SimGuru_VixitSimGuru_Vixit Posts: 1,160 New Member
    edited June 2009
    vania295,

Can you please post a full copy of your DxDiag? If you're unsure of how to obtain that information, please read and follow the steps listed here:

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=21325

Thanks!
  • Options
    YeshanuYeshanu Posts: 89 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My game was taking a looooong time to load yesterday. On a whim, I had my son follow the advice for another problem, and download new drivers for his video card. It worked like a charm, and I can now play without any problems at all.

If your system is up to specs, with a supported video card, and it's not working properly, try following the link in some of BigGuy's posts, and download a new driver for your card. It certainly won't hurt, and it's free.
  • Options
    coldplayloveecoldplaylovee Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009
    vania295 wrote:
    We need a Patch ... yes we need it !! I spend to much money and time and now I don't want to play because it get's on my nerves!!!!

I'm so sad ... so so so sad ... :(
    i know exactly how you feel ! my game crashes while it's loading and i can't play !!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    JohnBlackJohnBlack Posts: 115 Member
    edited June 2009
    I know you are frustrated I am too. As for the time, I just got mines working, now when they sleep it speeds up a lot faster then it was before. Try defaulting all your settings, and then on sim's texture put it on high and trees put on medium, but leave everything low settings, play in window mode. It should work just fine.

Also try using your TS3.exe file in Electronic Arts and not use The Sims 3 Launcher, that usually helps. Hope it works for you simmy. :D
  • Options
    samoht04samoht04 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Join my Petition to get a patch for the no fastforwarding glitch patch!!
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/22537.page#147269
  • Options
    Gouka989Gouka989 Posts: 976 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There actually is a good chance that a great many of the graphic issues as well as speed issues revolve around which video drivers you are using. I would think that if you can't speed up the game at all, then your card and/or mb processors aren't able to handle the load of doing so. The fact that some people are able to speed up their game, while others can't indicates that this is likely the problem.

I have encountered in many other games really bizarre stuff with some video drivers over others. Sometimes people find that using slightly older drivers can work better because those were the drivers that the developers were using back when they were working on the game. Other times you need the absolute most current drivers out there to get things to run right. Not saying this is the case with this game, but first thing I look at when I'm having odd game issues is changing out my drivers to the newest available, both video and audio.

That said, I do agree with some that the speed up modes at the highest are slower than what I'm used to from TS2. But then, there's a lot more stuff being rendered and run in the background with the whole town now.
  • Options
    melissawarholmelissawarhol Posts: 133 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The speeds were super slow for me, but I got a new graphics card and they worked a bit better. Not the way I'd like it to, but it's a bit faster nonetheless.

I hate how if you put it on 4-speed it'll automatically toggle back to 3-speed after a given amount of time.