Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Slow Catalog

SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
So I love Sims 2, but whenever I want to build the catalog is extremely slow, it doesn't matter how many times I go trough it but it keeps taking longer to load the next items.

I'm using Windows 10, but I don't see others with this problem, I love building but I can barely play now..
Origin ID - RosyAngelina

Comments

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I was having this problem, too. You have to remove SecureRom. Then everything will speed up. I will PM you the link to instructions.
  • Options
    lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    Yeah, I'm having the same problem, too. I thought it was just my CC but it's supposedly not..
  • Options
    I've tried the SecureRom, didn't work, it keeps being slow, i've tried everything.. I'm secretly hoping for a big bug fix, but I don't think that's coming for Sims 2 :s
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    I've tried the SecureRom, didn't work, it keeps being slow, i've tried everything.. I'm secretly hoping for a big bug fix, but I don't think that's coming for Sims 2 :s

Did you completely remove it and install a no CD patch? If you open the game without the no CD patch, it just reinstalls SecureRom again.
  • Options
    Have you taken your CC out to see if that helps? You can also remove your whole The Sims 2 folder and let the game generate a new one. Then play and see if there is a speed issue. If yes, you have a system issue or SecureRom is still there. If no, then it is most likely your CC.

P.S. If you start the game through Origin, you have SecureRom.
  • Options
    @Mstybl95

I didn't have any CC, booted it trough my dashboard (not via Origin). I believe it could be a system issue, because it's not working at all. Thankyou for all your help! I'll try to play other games, since Sims 2 isn't working anymore on my system.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Have you tried deleting the two cache files in the the sims 2 folder? That always works for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @Mstybl95 would it be okay if I asked you, how to delete the SecureRom? Maybe I did it wrong anyway, I want to try it one more time, otherwise i'm giving up on playing Sims 2 :(
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @DaniqaSimmer
    When you are playing Sims2, have you turned off all other background programmes and your internet connection?
    The Sims and Sims2 don't like anything else going on - anti-virus programmes especially - it becomes slow and stop.
  • Options
    The problem isn't that my pc/game isn't handling it, it's the fact that EA added a Securerom to Sims 2, which makes my buy/build mode catalog slow, my game is perfectly fine otherwise. I'm a builder and having a slow catalog is just sooo annoying for me.

That's why I need a good guide to delete SecureRom

But thankyou! Luckily I have a lot of ram and a Gamebooster (turns everything off), so that can't be the problem. + I have windows 10, which isn't perfect for Sims 2, sadly.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    That's the link I tried, but I couldn't find anything related to Sims 2 when I wanted to delete the Securerom, that's why i'm hoping @Mstybl95 can help me out, since she knew how to get rid of it.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    @Mstybl95 would it be okay if I asked you, how to delete the SecureRom? Maybe I did it wrong anyway, I want to try it one more time, otherwise i'm giving up on playing Sims 2 :(

http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸 - Follow the instructions in this post. Don't forget the last step. Do a google search typing the sims 2 out, not TS2, and include what it says in the last step. I used the first link and it worked perfectly.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @Mstybl95 I've done everything until the last step! I'm on the m0003 site, can I just download the The Sims 2 v1.0 [ALL] No-CD/Fixed EXE #2? There are so many of them :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    I can't remember exactly, but I think I downloaded the last one in the top list. They should all work. Make sure you follow the instructions in the file.
  • Options
    Also make sure you delete the cache files in your sims 2 folder. groups.cache and accessories.cache
  • Options
    @Mstybl95 Replaced the file, everything works fine until I go to the Neighbourhood screen, it turns black, it doesn't crash it simply doesn't show up. So.. I don't think i'm allowed to play this game anymore, because i've tried everything :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Graphics card issue? What graphics card do you use? I was having a similar issue, until I fixed the shadow problem with a mod.
  • Options
    @Mstybl95 Nope, no Graphics card issue, i'm offically giving up, I guess Windows 10 + Sims 2 origin doesn't fit well, hopefully they'll have a big fix for that one day!

Thankyou for the help though, it was really sweet of you! I'm going to poke again at it tonight, after that i'm removing it.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    @Mstybl95 Nope, no Graphics card issue, i'm offically giving up, I guess Windows 10 + Sims 2 origin doesn't fit well, hopefully they'll have a big fix for that one day!

Thankyou for the help though, it was really sweet of you! I'm going to poke again at it tonight, after that i'm removing it.

I'm using windows 10 and the UC. It does work. Sorry I couldn't help you.
  • Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    A lot of people are using w10 & the UC. Some just need to tweak it a bit, from what I understand. I'd ask for help at http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31
  • Options
    @Mstybl95 No worries, thankyou for helping me! Guess i'm just the unlucky one :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    @Mstybl95 My game has been fixed! The exe file works, but my screen was black, turns out I need to re-adjust my screensize everytime I start it up, going to find a way how to fix this, but for now i'm so happy!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    @Mstybl95 My game has been fixed! The exe file works, but my screen was black, turns out I need to re-adjust my screensize everytime I start it up, going to find a way how to fix this, but for now i'm so happy!

YAY! Glad to hear you got it worked out!
  • Options
    Awesome! So happy it's working now.