Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lose future job any time I travel to the past

My future job always disappears if I travel to the past, and when I go back it's still gone and if I rejoin the career it starts me back at level 1 again. Is there any way to fix this or is this working as intended?

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I don't know what's intended but I've experienced similar issues.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,098 Member
    I'm not sure if it's intentional or a glitch. But, if it's intentional it would make some sense. When your Sim is in the past, things you do- like have children, invest money, complete challenges- affect the outcome of the future. When you go back, sometimes descendants will be different and/or you may have statues of yourself, your descendants may be rich or poor, all depending on what you did in the past. So I suppose it stands to reason that you might not have a job in the future anymore if the future changed.
    I usually stay in the future and work my way to the top of a career before going back if it matters to me.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's intentional or a glitch. But, if it's intentional it would make some sense. When your Sim is in the past, things you do- like have children, invest money, complete challenges- affect the outcome of the future. When you go back, sometimes descendants will be different and/or you may have statues of yourself, your descendants may be rich or poor, all depending on what you did in the past. So I suppose it stands to reason that you might not have a job in the future anymore if the future changed.
    I usually stay in the future and work my way to the top of a career before going back if it matters to me.

I thought of that too, and it makes sense that the future would change depending on what I do in the past. I've just been living in the future and raising a kid, we'll be going back to the past once she's grown up I think since career options are really limited in the future.
  • Options
    JuliaStein86JuliaStein86 Posts: 14 New Member
    Yep, and you quit your job in the future, that's why you lose it. Maybe it's a bag. To be honest I don't see any point in job in the future