Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the sims sit still in Restaurant GP?

This will be a very challenging thing for the gurus to attain.
Do you think sims will be able to sit still on their chairs in restaurant without musical chairs or getting up?

What do you think? Yes ? or No?
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Nope.
  • Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    Part of me hopes that this issue finally gets fixed, but the other says it might end up worse. Like never even getting to sit down because NPCs will gang up on the server or take your designated seat just to carry their own conversations.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Since GT patch, my Sims only move around if one person gets up and there's a gap between two Sims, one will move closer to each other.

The bug which meant Sims would constantly move even if they were as close to each other as they were ever going to get, was fixed. They only move closer if there's room too. Just like in real life, when someone gets up and you move closer to the remaining person.

If Sims are already sitting close they should be fine, if a Sim gets up and there's a gap, the Sims will fill the gap.
    I know people don't like this feature, but it saves me having to constantly cancel actions and do them again to get Sims to be close to each other.

That said, the actual bug was annoying as plum and shouldn't have taken over 12 months to fix.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'm hoping so? I wonder if the supposed delay in ths pack (we don't really know it's delayed but it sure seems like it) is because of the sitting issue and they took this long to fix it or they just said plum it we're releasing it as is. It could really go either way.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    tanakaki wrote: »
    Part of me hopes that this issue finally gets fixed, but the other says it might end up worse. Like never even getting to sit down because NPCs will gang up on the server or take your designated seat just to carry their own conversations.

Omg :joy::joy::joy:
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    As long as they don't try to talk to everyone in the room....maybe. They really need to fine tune the talking and positioning thing. I don't like when my sims think they need to stand side by side to talk either.

Maybe the patch today!? (just a hope, not confirmation).
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Unless a modder is able to fix the issue, we are all doomed.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Maybe. Here is what I am thinking may happen. The Sim will have some sort of action in the queue. For example, a looking at menu action which may keep them seated at least through the ordering process. Now if that action changes to eating all bets are off...I am pretty sure they will be all over the restaurant with their plate of food...LOL
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    As long as they don't try to talk to everyone in the room....maybe. They really need to fine tune the talking and positioning thing. I don't like when my sims think they need to stand side by side to talk either.

Maybe the patch today!? (just a hope, not confirmation).
    I hope they make it so sims only talk to others at their table. I don't even do dates in this game anymore cause it ends up with 6 other sims talking to them out of nowhere.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I hope so, or else it'll be frustrating to watch them do a musical chair thingy like it is now-annoying and frustrating, my Sims just can't sit still unless I turn off free-will which I personally don't want them all standing around like robots waiting for the next command from me! Lol
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    No I think they'll keep switching seats and carrying on conversations with the waiters and waitresses instead of ordering food
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Since GT patch, my Sims only move around if one person gets up and there's a gap between two Sims, one will move closer to each other.

The bug which meant Sims would constantly move even if they were as close to each other as they were ever going to get, was fixed. They only move closer if there's room too. Just like in real life, when someone gets up and you move closer to the remaining person.

If Sims are already sitting close they should be fine, if a Sim gets up and there's a gap, the Sims will fill the gap.
    I know people don't like this feature, but it saves me having to constantly cancel actions and do them again to get Sims to be close to each other.

That said, the actual bug was annoying as plum and shouldn't have taken over 12 months to fix.

Well there's nothing stopping a Sim from getting up to go sit at another table at restaurant. I think thats going to be a major issue.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I think they will switch seats, switch tables, and grab food from other diners. It will bring back the nostalgia from TS2
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm pretty sure they know how disappointing the musical chairs is/was to us. If they can't fix that for whatever reason.. or others coming to sit at your table I'm really hoping they tie it to some sort of open ended event for two or a group. Like in spa... you go for a massage and you stay on the table and have a menu. Hopefully your sims will stay seated, order, and talk and eat to others at their table only... with no one butting in until you decide your seating time is over (hopefully) or the game decides the event is over.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2016
    Oh really :D:o:p
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I can see it now...my sims out for a romantic dinner & end up playing musical chairs with one another :D can't make up their mind's which seat they want to sit down on
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I can see my sim sitting at another table while talking with her date behind her. hehe
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    What do I truly think? No.
    What do I really hope? Yes.

For the time-being, I rely on a mod that fixes the issue.
  • Options
    ohthedramaohthedrama Posts: 181 Member
    Nope. Musical chairs in my game was such an annoyance that I had to get a mod to stop it.
  • Options
    ShaniceWShaniceW Posts: 16 Member
    I wouldn't get my hopes up. There is also the problem with other sims constantly joining your sim's table. Sometimes they don't even talk, they just sit there and watch your sims, like some creeps. I mean, it would be a nice feature, if sims doing this, had the "creep" trait and this action were limited to them only. But how it is now, it's just annoying.

But there is hope, we saw in the teaser, how they are trying to fix this - by adding tables with two chairs only. LOL Yeah, that's how you fix broken game mechanics. So, to fix the "getting up problem", they just need to eliminate any possible reason for getting up, like making a restaurant with only one table and not allowing other sims on the lot.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    ohthedrama wrote: »
    Nope. Musical chairs in my game was such an annoyance that I had to get a mod to stop it.

@ohthedrama Does the mod actually stop it or just lessen the issue? Also where is this mod? (c:

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    DannyT2009DannyT2009 Posts: 99 Member
    Yeah the sims will sit without fidgeting. Just not at the same table, not in the same room and probably not in the same building. :p