Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where the Real ep?

So i love that we are getting two new game packs. One a restaurant game pack and a kids one. But i want another ep been waiting for one. They are way better than game packs and we already have alot of game packs. I want something new in a ep that we have never had before. How do you feel about all the game packs?

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I like the game packs. Get Together just came out in December (4 months ago), so I'm thinking we'll probably get something announced at the EA Play event they have this summer.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I like the game packs. Get Together just came out in December (4 months ago), so I'm thinking we'll probably get something announced at the EA Play event they have this summer.

Yes, it just came out 5 months ago.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    I wish they didnt make the Childrens stuff a stuff pack and actually a game pack because they need more content. But we dont know if thats just it yet it was only a few seconds of a preview
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    EA play is coming up so i'm 90% sure they will announce it then
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    They want the fans to be happy with the game. But they are a long way from that. We need weather and season changes also.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    As long as Seasons is always included in sims games? I am happy!...and pets! my simself has to have her two pups! XD
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    I feel we have half of a game and not a whole game like the rest of the sim series. I loved sims 2 was my favorite and was well planned and thought out. If they want to continue selling sims games they need to improve on their work.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    So i love that we are getting two new game packs. One a restaurant game pack and a kids one. But i want another ep been waiting for one. They are way better than game packs and we already have alot of game packs. I want something new in a ep that we have never had before. How do you feel about all the game packs?

We're getting a game pack and a stuff pack. And how is two Game Packs a lot? We've had two Game Packs, and two Expansion Packs.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    We will likely get only one expansion for the first time since, I believe, TS1 days.

The announcement claimed to be covering content over the span of the next few months, so you assume up until August or September. I cannot see them push out two expansions in a 3-4 month timeframe, when it takes them more than 6 months to produce one now as it is.
  • Options
    I mean i love all the game packs and ep. Just wanted a new ep that's all.
  • Options
    How is the new ep take so long for sims 4 and the rest of the series it did not take as long. Just wondering.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    They've said this is a whole new ball game and not to expect things to be like before.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    We will likely get only one expansion for the first time since, I believe, TS1 days.

The announcement claimed to be covering content over the span of the next few months, so you assume up until August or September. I cannot see them push out two expansions in a 3-4 month timeframe, when it takes them more than 6 months to produce one now as it is.

This teaser was just for May and June. SimGuruLyndsay said the next 2-3 months. The next teaser will cover July, August, and maybe September. Then the next one will be October, November, December.

And you have to remember that EA doesn't go by regular years. They go by fiscal years, which the new one will start on May 10th. So January is technically this year.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    GP's are like mini EP's. A lot of game play in GP's.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Real ep are better how i feel.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

This teaser was just for May and June. SimGuruLyndsay said the next 2-3 months. The next teaser will cover July, August, and maybe September. Then the next one will be October, November, December.

And you have to remember that EA doesn't go by regular years. They go by fiscal years, which the new one will start on May 10th. So January is technically this year.

Right, but what I am trying to get at is, this covers up until, let's just say, June. That leaves 6 months left of 2016. It has taken them more than 6 months to produce one expansion in TS4 for BOTH EP's, and I cannot see them push out 2 expansions within a 6 month time frame.

This is all speculation, and I could be very much incorrect. But it's going back on what we have seen. The only time we have gotten 2 expansions within a 6 month time frame was with TS3, when we received Supernaturals and Seasons I believe, 3 months apart. That was an extremely rare case, and seemingly unlikely to happen with TS4, given the duration it has taken for TS4 expansions so far.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Right, but what I am trying to get at is, this covers up until, let's just say, June. That leaves 6 months left of 2016. It has taken them more than 6 months to produce one expansion in TS4 for BOTH EP's, and I cannot see them push out 2 expansions within a 6 month time frame.

This is all speculation, and I could be very much incorrect. But it's going back on what we have seen. The only time we have gotten 2 expansions within a 6 month time frame was with TS3, when we received Supernaturals and Seasons I believe, 3 months apart. That was an extremely rare case, and seemingly unlikely to happen with TS4, given the duration it has taken for TS4 expansions so far.

I find it really hard to compare with previous game versions since we now have GPs, which are pretty much half-EPs. I had pulled some numbers out of release patterns earlier, and so far it was basically like we're getting just as much content as Sims 3 but in different packaging. So if we think about only EPs as the big stuff, we're getting less, and less often. But once you add in GPs, the content amount seems about the same, and it's harder to compare gaps.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

I find it really hard to compare with previous game versions since we now have GPs, which are pretty much half-EPs. I had pulled some numbers out of release patterns earlier, and so far it was basically like we're getting just as much content as Sims 3 but in different packaging. So if we think about only EPs as the big stuff, we're getting less, and less often. But once you add in GPs, the content amount seems about the same, and it's harder to compare gaps.

True, we have GPs, but I still find myself looking more forward for EPs than GPs, from what we have seen so far. It just seems they have more room to work with, especially as far as content goes, which to me, exceeds what could be offered by two game packs.
  • Options
    I agree with you Sk8rblaze.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    How is the new ep take so long for sims 4 and the rest of the series it did not take as long. Just wondering.

Fewer resources put to the task? I honestly have no clue, just a random thought on it.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    They've said this is a whole new ball game and not to expect things to be like before.

When?
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I don't really think that EPs are taking much longer than they did in previous games? Maybe it's just me, but Sims 3 EPs were just as slow up until the end when they got faster....but maybe I am wrong.
  • Options
    FluffyStrawberryFluffyStrawberry Posts: 113 Member
    Where did you get the information about the gp?
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »

When?

I don't have a source myself, but I, too, recall them making a statement like that about a year ago.

I don't think this new release schedule is sufficient enough.