Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I decided I loved her the second time she set fire to her house.

Alright then, yo fellow simmers, angry and gleefilled alike.

I'm taking a break to surf the net and with all the giving of opinions about the game I thought I'd give mine. Some of my initial gameplay went as follows;

When I first got my ups-sim package today and poped it in, and played for a little bit I was a bit disappointed. That is I guess the best way to describe it, though it wasn't an anger filled sort of disappointment more one born out of bewilderment and 'eh..'ness.

I needed to sleep so I did and woke up and started playing again. I made a new sim. Exciteable, overemotional, bookworm, computer whiz and g. kisser.

I had a feeling something had finally clicked when she started giggling madly in the CAS after her exciteable/emotional traits were selected. I kid you not, the first thing she did in her house (okay, maybe there was some walk here and all that sort of nonsense if you want to get literal..) was set fire to it with her fireplace. The fire grew.

Her rear was on fire. I looked outside and a congregation of neighbors had arrived, pointing and gasping and blocking the way for the second firewoman as I suppose this catastrophe of simming merited not one but two firepersons. The second had arrived about midway through it, obviously.

The fireman successful in getting into the house before the crowd outside had arrived first thought it necessary to start extinguishing some of the house before he seemed to mind that my poor sims' rear was on fire. She bent over when he finally got to her and she got ...fire extinguished on the bum.

As I and her got over this she was quite hungry and had forgotten the pizza out front. She set out to make some food. Back the firemen came.

Yes, there are bugs, yes the time is slow, yes story progression/switching households/etcetc may be a mess of confusion and possibly glitches right now. Yes, there are glitches - mostly, it sounds, like technical ones for the unfortunate portion of us that are experiencing them. Yes the sims look a little doughey and yes it's a bit harder to find a remotely 'attractive' face in CAS even after extensive tinkering.

Nevertheless, I love my little Clover in all her manic, fail at lifeness. And that little feeling of attachment is probably what kept me playing the sims 2 so long. So for me, at least, I don't think they lost it... at least not yet :P

Hope you guys are having fun!

Comments

• Options
    PhyroxisPhyroxis Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you!

You bring me joy with your story.

I hope others will see that it really is The Sims we all know and love.
  • Options
    JaciFFXIJaciFFXI Posts: 189 Member
    edited June 2009
    Your story was delightful, and hopefully enlightening to everyone. That yes, they do have their same antics as in original versions, but now they look a little different, and act a little different.

I for one, love the game.
  • Options
    ahnnajadeahnnajade Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2009
    Haha, I'm begining to wonder if 'set fire to your house ASAP' isn't something they code in the sims games for initial gameplay..
    I have a friend who's first house burned and (I don't think it's within his 'scope' to ever really sim in the first place :P ) just gets offended that his little house got burnt down in such a way, like he can't believe it.

I'm glad, at any rate! I didn't realize how much I typed :P sorry.
  • Options
    SparrowSong173SparrowSong173 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    First..great thread title!! LOL
    Next, thanks for sharing your "Aha, this is a grat game" moment.
    My first impression was the game not was I was expecting..I felt a bit confused on controls, the neighborhood and was missing my sims 2 beloved charactors. I have yet to have an exciting moment like yours..but I am sure it's soon to come now that I am learning my way around.
  • Options
    Simmaniac001Simmaniac001 Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2009
    I think there is a gerneral "Make something bad happen your first day in your new home" code. My sim was visited by a burglar not even a minute after he fell asleep in his new bed. Thank god for the alarm system or I would have lost my expensive car.
  • Options
    ilovepieilovepie Posts: 577 New Member
    edited June 2009
    the first post about the girl who set fire. was kinda like a book the way u were talking :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    femzabfemzab Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lol thats sort of crazy
  • Options
    GalileeGalilee Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2009
    hahaha... fanatastic I love he had to extinguish her bum and ..

"As I and her got over this she was quite hungry and had forgotten the pizza out front. She set out to make some food. Back the firemen came. "

That gave me many lolz..

I think if nothing else the sim stories people get from all these crazy traits are gonna be well worth it!
  • Options
    kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    edited June 2009
    LOL thanks for the laugh. Maybe she needs to marry a fireman.
  • Options
    PCGamerPCGamer Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for sharing your story ahnnajade.

I was first in line at Best Buy yesterday to pick up my preordered CE of S3. But work, wife and kids kept me busy all day so I could only play for about an hour last night. I really hope I get more time today to experience the game.

Again, great story!

PCG-