Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*FOR ONE OF MY FRIENDS* How does the Sims 2: Ultimate Collection Run on Mac?

xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
edited April 2016 in The Sims 2
NOTE: This is for my friend, and I'm handing the laptop to her to type, so here we go.

Hi, I'm Luna's friend, and I wanted to ask because I have a Macbook Air early 2015 13 inch with Intel HD Graphics 6000 and I wanted to get the Sims 2: Ultimate Collection from the Mac App store and would like to know if it will run without graphical glitches and run properly, unlike The Sims 3.

MPy9H9S.gif

Comments

• Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    I'm sorry. I'm not at all familiar with anything Apple/Mac related. I've only ever used PCs (first one being the IBM way back when).

Maybe someone else is familiar with Apple products and can help.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @xlunalovegoodx

I cannot answer either lol but I am hoping if I drop @WinMacSims3 name they may see it and come to the rescue as I am almost certain as a Mac user they will know, also I think the Castaway series is only available to MAC users so it must be possible to run the sims 2 series on a MAC however as I have have no knowledge personally I would not like to speculate..

• Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    @xlunalovegoodx

I have a Macbook Air mid 2013, 13 inch, with Intel HD Graphics 5000 and I can run The Sims 2 Super Collection from the Mac App Store with no problem. No graphical glitches, no issues at all. It's been "redone" so that it's compatible with a Mac and, at least for me, works perfectly.

I also have all The Sims 2 on discs, but can no longer play them on my PC's because they aren't compatible with my graphics cards, but I've had no problems whatsoever with the Super Collection on my Macbook.
  • Options
    @xlunalovegoodx

I have a Macbook Air mid 2013, 13 inch, with Intel HD Graphics 5000 and I can run The Sims 2 Super Collection from the Mac App Store with no problem. No graphical glitches, no issues at all. It's been "redone" so that it's compatible with a Mac and, at least for me, works perfectly.

I also have all The Sims 2 on discs, but can no longer play them on my PC's because they aren't compatible with my graphics cards, but I've had no problems whatsoever with the Super Collection on my Macbook.

But the HD 6000 has been known to cause many problems with the sims 3, so I'm just nervous about sims 2, because my graphics card is newer.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @xlunalovegoodx

I cannot answer either lol but I am hoping if I drop @WinMacSims3 name they may see it and come to the rescue as I am almost certain as a Mac user they will know, also I think the Castaway series is only available to MAC users so it must be possible to run the sims 2 series on a MAC however as I have have no knowledge personally I would not like to speculate..

There is a version specifically for Mac on the app store, but I don't know how my graphics card will perform with the game :) but thanks for dropping their name, maybe they'll help out!
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @xlunalovegoodx

no worries take a look at this thread a couple of players mention playing Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac and may be able to offer further advice. I hope it works out for you as I only got sims 2 a couple of months ago and I love it is so worth having :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/880454/building-a-new-neighborhood-with-sims-2-sc-on-mac#latest
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited April 2016
    I think The Sims 2 Super Collection will work on the MacBook Air. The Sims 3 uses Cider which causes the Mac version of The Sims 3 to run slower. Also The Sims 3 doesn't work on certain graphics. The Sims 2 Super Collection is Mac optimized so I think most newer Macs, even the MacBook Air, could run The Sims 2 Super Collection although I don't know much about The Sims 2 Super Collection on the Mac.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    I think The Sims 2 Super Collection will work on the MacBook Air. The Sims 3 uses Cider which causes the Mac version of The Sims 3 to run slower. Also The Sims 3 doesn't work on certain graphics. The Sims 2 Super Collection is Mac optimized so I think most newer Macs, even the MacBook Air, could run The Sims 2 Super Collection although I don't know much about The Sims 2 Super Collection on the Mac.

Thank you!
    MPy9H9S.gif