Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 cc showing up as default

OceanzXSimsOceanzXSims Posts: 5 New Member
ive looked around but can't find an answer! My sims 2 cc hair is showing up as default hair! My cc clothing is showing up as default clothes.
This is all happening in CAS. Why?!?

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

There is such a thing as Default Replacemets. Are you sure you didn't download those?

Is the hair taking the place of other hair or is it showing in the color bins and not in the Custom bin? They learned to bin custom hair in it's proper color years ago. Which is different than the Custom hair taking the place of game hair..
  • Options
    I'd screen shot it for you but my game is on you Pc and I'm on my laptop, Alright heres what happened. I downloaded the Sims 2 cc and started up my game. Then I go to the hair section for example and instead of showing the hair that I downloaded (with the CC sign) it shows one of the default hairs with the CC sign, and when I click on it it also places the default hair on my sim. even though it has a CC sign in the corner its still the default hair. If you go on google images and search Sims 2 CAS you should see what I mean by default hair. Oh and other thing. I download ready made sims but they don't even show up in my game
  • Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    edited March 2016
    Sounds like to me you downloaded a recolor and you don't have the original mesh file for the hair. I would suggest going back to where you got the hair and see if it mentions where you can obtain the mesh file.

EDIT: This also goes for clothing.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    Thankyou! I will try that soon and get back to you :smile:
  • Options
    Ah, yes- that means you don't have the mesh for it to show properly- both clothes and hair. :)

The Downloaded Sims should be in the Sim bin which is in Create A Sim (little icon on the UI after choosing the gender) and not the Family Bin. :)

• Options
    About the sims - They aren't in the sim bin or anywhere.
  • Options
    Can you link me to what you downloaded? Was it a full Sim or just parts? Did you check under the right age/gender?
  • Options
    it won't let me link, but it was on modthesims > Download > sims 2 > Sims and yess I checked all ages and genders
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Did you install the sims2pack? The sim won't show up if you don't.