Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheats?

SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
Hello everybody,

I've just got back in to playing The Sims 2 again, I forgot how fun it actually was :) However I find the motives too hard to control on this game, I found The Sims 3 and 4 motives much easier to handle so I was wondering if you could please tell me what some of the cheats are?

Also, just a side question, how long have you guys been playing The Sims 2? Is it your favourite, do you play it alongside the other ones?

Matthew.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

There's an Energizer in the Aspiration rewards which will fill their needs- teens and up. They must be in gold or higher.
    There's Espresso machines, which works pretty good.
    A nap on the couch can give a good boost.

The snapdragons made from the flower bench- not the ones that give off a green emission. XD
    There are career rewards, Jumbok (?) from Adventure, the Star from Entertainments, the quill award from Journalism all give off a little power to fill needs

The cheats- Maxmotives - will fill everyone's motives and can throw their sleep pattern off.
    There's also the Sim modder from the testing cheats - http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Sim_Modder
    And some mods-
  • Options
    Hello :)

Ohh thank you for all of this, it's very helpful :) and thank you for the link as well! I'm very new to The Sims 2 but am hoping to get the hang of it over the next few days :) I did play it a few years ago but never got in to it, so I thought today I'd give it another go.
    I'm so glad I did :D

Matthew.
  • Options
    No problem. :)

Also, you can type Help into the cheat box and it will show more cheats.

This is also great for not only cheats but the Chance cards and other info- http://www.snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=thesims2

I hope you have fun!
  • Options
    Ah thanks! :) and thanks again for this link, I can't wait to get going in The Sims 2. I'm looking most forward to taking my Sims on holiday! I always loved how The Sims 2 holiday pack worked, what with swimming in the ocean and log cabins :)

Thank you again for your help :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    Yes, it's great. Too bad they don't allow toddlers. :(

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've gotten back into playing TS2 myself and found a few sites with great Mods including one that allows me to avoid community lot fights by restricting the allowed visitors and some that allow toddlers to be taken along to community lots or children to be left home alone ahile parents are at work.I used to have to play without Mods on my old computer though I'm able to use them on the newer computer.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Sennie

I am also a fairly new player to sims 2 and found that the sim blender mod is fantastic for controlling motives among other things. It comes in the form of a plant object which I place on the lot and when clicked on gives loads of control and options including motive control of any named sim on the lot.

I have placed one in every home lot and community lots as well for when my sims travel somewhere on an outing and I want to keep up their motives up, also because every-time I sent sims to a nightclub downtown everyone starts to stink after a short while and using this object allows me to fix the motives of everyone on the lot in this case hygiene lol

I have not got too many mods at the moment but this one I doubt I could do without now especially since I found out if I leave the boolprop cheat open it crashes my game so this mod replaces having to open that cheat.

on the following link

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    Ah, Sims 2. I was away for a while recently and came home really wanting to play. I have every expansion pack bar one, and every stuff pack bar one.
    As for cheats, generally I use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. This does all sorts. For example, shift-click on the mailbox and you can max all needs, and then make them static so there's no decay!! It's really useful sometimes. Or you can just click and drag on a needs bar to max it (or fully deplete it...)Also money ones like kaching and motherlode, kaching gives 1000 simoleons and motherlode gives 50,000... type motherlode in a couple of times and you can create a kick-🐸🐸🐸🐸 house.
    Mods... hmm. I've never used mods much in my games, mainly because I'm never too sure how to install them and I've always done fine without them. I currently have one mod which adds a hobby modifier- in one of my families (a CAS one) one of the kids did not have a predestined hobby, when I clicked on the modifier it said her hobby was Fitness even though I'm 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sure I'd already sent her swimming (which usually prompts Fitness, she couldn't do any of the other activities cos she's a child) but I changed it to Arts and Crafts. I only recently started to get into Sims 2 Body Shop (which allows for basic clothes modding) but I don't have Photoshop, only Paint, so I can't do anything super fancy. The Sim Blender mod sounds interesting, although I'm currently playing Sims 3 right now :wink:
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    "Maxmotives" is a good cheat to use but sometimes messes up a lot of the family members.
    If it is only one family member that needs re-energising, there is an Aspiration Reward that does the trick - sorry I can't recall the name.

045snapshot_9f66d54e_41429603.jpg