Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Emotions/Interactions Expansion Pack

I'm really disappointed that the Sims have emotions in sims 4, but they don't have much depth. They can be changed so quickly by just looking at a picture, or object, or whatever.

I wish the devs would really expand on emotions, even make an expansion pack exclusive to emotions and emotion interactions. Even new emotions. Possibly add turn offs, and traits that would play on other sims emotions. Like a 'creepy' trait, and whenever they're around other sims, they could give them a 'cringe' emotion. Or an 'attractive' sim could give another sim an 'attracted' emotion.

On top of that, a sim who meets another sims' turn on requirements could feel an 'attracted' emotion.

There are so many more emotions than 'fine', 'dazed', 'embarassed', etc. and it would add such a new layer to the game.

My favorite part of sims has always been exploring the different interactions and making sims have different personalities. It's a lot harder in the sims 4, a lot of the sims seem so cookie cutter to me.

Comments

• Options
    RollTide156789RollTide156789 Posts: 34 Member
    This seems like a good idea. I don't know if I would pay $40 for it though.
  • Options
    Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    I think the way little things change emotions is good, but what might make sense to expand them I suppose is to have short term emotions and longer term ones?
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I wouldn't pay $40 for expanding emotions that could be a free update
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member

Me either.

Personally, I would rather they add other things than focus so much on emotions. I read somewhere that when one of the creators was asked why toddlers and pools were left out of the base game they said it was so that they could focus on deeper emotions. I would have rather had toddlers and pools than a deeper emotional system. I was perfectly fine with emotions the way that they were in Sims 3 and Sims 2. But that's just me, other people may feel differently.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    shacoria wrote: »

Me either.

Personally, I would rather they add other things than focus so much on emotions. I read somewhere that when one of the creators was asked why toddlers and pools were left out of the base game they said it was so that they could focus on deeper emotions. I would have rather had toddlers and pools than a deeper emotional system. I was perfectly fine with emotions the way that they were in Sims 3 and Sims 2. But that's just me, other people may feel differently.

They focused too much on emotions and CAS instead of actual gameplay in my opinion. I don't think emotions are a big deal but I guess many fans do
  • Options
    spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member
    @Mizz_Creative48
    I agree there is too much focus on emotions and I prefer more focus on finer details and gameplay.
    I do like the amount of effort they put into CAS though. It's my favorite part of the game.
  • Options
    spivoski wrote: »
    @Mizz_Creative48
    I agree there is too much focus on emotions and I prefer more focus on finer details and gameplay.
    I do like the amount of effort they put into CAS though. It's my favorite part of the game.

Me too and CAS is my favorite part too
  • Options
    shionnyashionnya Posts: 44 Member
    Same here. I love the new CAS system.
    About emotions, could be more complete, yes, but these are basic and are good as well.
  • Options
    PandaPillowPandaPillow Posts: 34 Member
    Maybe not a full expansion pack, possibly a game or stuff pack. I think there are so many ways EA could explore emotions and I hope they do!

Emotions exclusive to age groups would be cool, too. Like in the sims 3 when they had teens that were 'rebellious'. Or emotions exclusive to traits. A hopeless romantic could be 'heartbroken'.
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I agree that they could improve emotions, but in a patch or a free pack. Emotions are part of the base game, and one of the main claims for buying the game, so if they eventually want to improve them I think it should be free.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    PandaPillowPandaPillow Posts: 34 Member
    In the Sims 3 when they made the generations expansion, it didn't add much content other than new interactions, and it was a lot of player's favorite expansion.