Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

saddened by the community lots

i was hoping to be able to go inside then and actualy choose what i got to do (just like in the starting vid) but nooooo we arent aloud to do that

if this is a glich tell me how to fix it or if its an option tell me how to make so i can i really want to but for some reason it wont let me

Comments

• Options
    ifmemoryservesifmemoryserves Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's not a glitch and there's no option to enable it. It's just a part of the game. Hopefully eventually those buildings will be opened up with Expansion Packs.
  • Options
    KintashiKintashi Posts: 109 New Member
    edited June 2009
    some buildings, like the library or gym, you are able to go into. I'm sure with expansions there will be more open buildings, but I guess they figure you don't need to see your sim at work because most jobs it would be boring....at least without expanding the job system a lot
  • Options
    jmaster876jmaster876 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    it doesnt make sense to do that when they show a kid inside a gym at the opening video isnt that like false advertising?
  • Options
    kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited June 2009
    yeh i hope so too i hate having to wait outside its sooooooooooo boring. :(
  • Options
    SumthinGd08SumthinGd08 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It would be nice if they briught places like the Diner to life.
  • Options
    StarMcLight2StarMcLight2 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree. I mean when we had Sims 2 we didn't see our Sim go to work, we had to sit and watch the house until they returned and the same goes for Sims 3, only diffrence here is you can actually follow them to the actual building.

I'm happy with not being able to see anything. I know they are in there having a good time or relaxing or whatever it is I set up for them to do.
    tumblr_nboolyIdkK1t7r502o1_250.gif
  • Options
    ChylaChyla Posts: 3,270 New Member
    edited June 2009
    183163.JPG
  • Options
    SianystarSianystar Posts: 1,515 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The Rabbit Warrens are only places where Sims can get jobs, aren't they? They just need to find a way around that, it'd be a mega task trying to show each Sim at work in somewhere like the diner - some Sims working, some Sims dining... D'ya get me? I wouldn't mind if the Sims who needed to work just went into a room and didn't come out again tho.

Person who mentioned kid in a gym in the trailer - you can actually go into the gyms :)
  • Options
    HugaloafHugaloaf Posts: 135 New Member
    edited June 2009
    jmaster876 wrote:
    it doesnt make sense to do that when they show a kid inside a gym at the opening video isnt that like false advertising?

You can see inside the gym, library and art museum. Just click "visit" and once your sim goes inside you can see the furniture.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I agree. I mean when we had Sims 2 we didn't see our Sim go to work, we had to sit and watch the house until they returned and the same goes for Sims 3, only diffrence here is you can actually follow them to the actual building.

I'm happy with not being able to see anything. I know they are in there having a good time or relaxing or whatever it is I set up for them to do.

well the job thing isnt out of the ordinary its just when you visit a community lot you should be able to see what your sim is seeing (just like your home) and even interact with things

• Options
    edited June 2009
    anyone agree? or know what to do?
  • Options
    FairyliciousFairylicious Posts: 36 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love TS3m I'm having such a good time, lots of fun! That being said, I was totally P..... Off the first time I took my sim to the bistro/and or the market and realized I could'nt go inside. This is the only thing about the game I really don't like. I'm hoping in various EPs they open up some of those buildings.
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited June 2009
    jmaster876 wrote:

You can go inside the gym, the art museum, the community pool and several other community lots. Some you can't go in. The manual (if you have one) lists the venues you can and can't enter.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    weiidiiweiidii Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2009
    jmaster876 wrote:

It's not really false advertising if they never said you could visit ALL the community lots. It is, however, somewhat false leading. I do wish we could visit more of the community lots. While I'd love to see what they do at work because I'm naturally very curious, it's not that big of a deal because we've never been able to do that. I just don't understand why they made diners and stores unaccessible now. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    weiidii wrote:
    jmaster876 wrote:

It's not really false advertising if they never said you could visit ALL the community lots. It is, however, somewhat false leading. I do wish we could visit more of the community lots. While I'd love to see what they do at work because I'm naturally very curious, it's not that big of a deal because we've never been able to do that. I just don't understand why they made diners and stores unaccessible now. :(

exaclty work doesnt bother me but the others they just dont make sense
  • Options
    lonesomeodovelonesomeodove Posts: 88 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't like the stupid rabbitholes. I mean really, what do they expect us to think of that. Yeah, I'll just sit here and watch the clock drag on while my sim gets to go out to eat :(
  • Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, with dining my theory was always that, as I experienced in Sims 1 and Sims 2, you'd spend several hours out dining, but when you went back home it was whatever time you left at. In this new game, that wouldn't work, and time could get all screwed up, if you know what I'm saying. That might be confusing...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    monkymn00 wrote:
    Well, with dining my theory was always that, as I experienced in Sims 1 and Sims 2, you'd spend several hours out dining, but when you went back home it was whatever time you left at. In this new game, that wouldn't work, and time could get all screwed up, if you know what I'm saying. That might be confusing...

yeah but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about here