Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question for all you gardeners

Soo... My sims way of making money is gardening. They have a ton of plants that takes up a ton of time to tend and gardeners cost far too much. So I created a group in which the only activity is tend garden so that when I invite them all over they take care of my garden for me. I thought that was a pretty smart idea and it was working great until I realised they also harvest my plants for themselves :'(:'(

It's a fairly specific question I know but is there any way I can get them to stop? Or has my genius plan turned out to be not so genius?

Comments

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    No the clubs will take your harvestables. It's not ideal. Maybe harvest then invite them over for tending? If you keep it up, you should end up making more than enough money to hire the gardener. How much is it exactly?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I do not recall how much hiring a gardener was, but they will not harvest or fertilize your plants. However, it is a little glitchy, sometimes they come for a few days and never again, so you have to hire them again, and if your garden is too large they do not finish in their allotted time.

Have you tried splicing? You can reduce the size of your garden without losing your plants. You can also put plants you don't feel like caring for at the moment into your family inventory. They won't grow in there, so you can't just leave them there and then take them out to harvest, but they won't die, either. It's good for if you really have to focus on something else for a while.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    No the clubs will take your harvestables. It's not ideal. Maybe harvest then invite them over for tending? If you keep it up, you should end up making more than enough money to hire the gardener. How much is it exactly?

It was around $130 when he did it all but the next day it was already done so he watered about 2 plants and I got charged $100
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Invite two or more people over, add to a group, select "care for the garden together", delete the action from your sim, enjoy your drink while your visitors care the garden for free without stealing your crops.
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I always harvest everything before I invite my "helper" club over :p.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I have a farmer who does the same thing. His only job is to harvest the plants before the club does ( I call them farm hands ) and every now and then I let them harvest the crops as part of their wages. If you want all crops to yourself make sure you harvest before you call the club. Oh and by the way FYI the gardener you hire by the phone never harvests your crops.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    I'm just going to make clubs to be my private house/gardening slaves. OMG, this is amazing and awesome. LOL! I've bookmarked this to remind me to do it. :D
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Linamints wrote: »
    I always harvest everything before I invite my "helper" club over :p.

This. Just harvest everything before you start the club gathering :)
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    Wow! I'd never thought of all these ideas! My sim has been busting a gut with her garden! She needs some slaves gardening buddies! I tried the gardener service, she watered about two plants, then stood there swaying till it was time to go home. And she's never been back! Lol
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I'm just going to make clubs to be my private house/gardening slaves. OMG, this is amazing and awesome. LOL! I've bookmarked this to remind me to do it. :D

I know, right? I don't know how I only figured out to do it recently it was amazing just sitting back watching all of them work on it considering my sim usually spends literally all day doing it. Great way to have free maids and everything! :D
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    In the days before clubs, I would befriend the community gardener, then move them in and have them do my gardening. They are always level 10 gardener.
  • Options
    MerlinherkMerlinherk Posts: 38 Member
    Every other day it seems with gardener I hired, I must go to house inventory and get out my bushes, flower and trees. I even have harvest stacks there. As no one in house died yet it is not a auto move of sim inv to house so why stacks of harvests and why do I need to replant all the time. I try to harvest every night after work (in game) and sometime if have energy and time i tend garden as well. So that twice a day since gardener come everyday. Any know why?
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    You can use reward points to get "Free Services." Then (after harvesting) have your club come over when the Gardener is also there. Shortens the work for everyone.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I have a "vegetarian" vampire who is the great great (etc.) grandma who will never die. She only fishes to make plasma packs and gardens. Since she has all the vampire rewards, she has no other needs to green except thirst. The rest of the family is human so she cooks real food for them.

Kinda a plot twist. You see a lot of people who have servants for their vampires so they always have someone to drink from. But my sweet granny doesn't drink from anyone and is the indentured servant for the household, including taking care of the toddlers.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Thenyoukissme if you dont mind mods this has rocked my world!
    http://modthesims.info/d/583700

eep just noticed this is an old thread...oh well better late then never :smiley:
    Post edited by uo_aaronjd on
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    What i do is harvest all the plants then call the group over to tend the garden. While the group is tending the garden my other sim barbeque so everyone can eat and be friendly later
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member

@Thenyoukissme Do you have a large family ?.. Or even a small one can do it.. instead of adding outside members to your club, do like I do.. and have the garden club household only in it.. You can have members join from child on up. I have a family of 5.. and they do all of the work themselves, this way no matter who harvests, you have control of all of the produce. Or you can make one of your family members ( even though they are already in a group ) create another club, add outside members.. and let them do all of the garden work.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Wasn't this fixed in a patch months ago or am I remembering wrong. I haven't had a sim be a grander for a while. The only thing my sim gardens now is whatever is a new harvestable so I can get it to perfect quality and save to a room for later use...LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Soo... My sims way of making money is gardening. They have a ton of plants that takes up a ton of time to tend and gardeners cost far too much. So I created a group in which the only activity is tend garden so that when I invite them all over they take care of my garden for me. I thought that was a pretty smart idea and it was working great until I realised they also harvest my plants for themselves :'(:'(

It's a fairly specific question I know but is there any way I can get them to stop? Or has my genius plan turned out to be not so genius?

I made one of those clubs a while back when the pack first came out, but I didn't realize that if they harvest that they get to keep them. I will have to keep that in mind in the future and harvest before they come over. I hope as one simmer said that they fixed that. :)

• Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I don't think it's a bug. If I use a club, I just harvest before I start the meeting. But more often than not, I just get the free services reward and get a butler and or a gardener. The butler is better IMO because they also tend the garden on the weekend and they do other things.