Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it me or the game?

:(Ok, I need to know what I'm doing wrong. In sims 2 you could combine families. I was planing on doing that in sims 3 too. I wanted to play with on sim than add another sim once i kinda got the hang of if. However its not letting me combined them. When I made my new sim (the 2nd one ) it started a new game. Is there a way to put them together? thnaks

Comments

• Options
    RaspberriesRaspberries Posts: 168 Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't exactly combined families yet, but I know there is an option there, since I came across it while trying to find an empty house for one of my Sims in the Edit Town mode. I think what you can do is just click on the Sim that you want, then click on the house and an option should come up to merge households. I think you also need to make sure that the house you're playing isn't active. I'll pop TS3 open and try it out, and give you a better answer when I'm done. I hope this helps somewhat.
  • Options
    Bubbabooboo5Bubbabooboo5 Posts: 387 Member
    edited June 2009
    oo i rem reading this somewhere in the forum already..i cant rem what the person said but i am sure i can find it reall fast for you
  • Options
    ValagilValagil Posts: 391 Member
    edited June 2009
    Go to edit town. There you will be able to do almost anything. There is an option to combine family. I've found that there is the place to go when you want to chance anything in the town. If you want your Sims to move etc. this is where it is done.
  • Options
    hard2please1976hard2please1976 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks any help is greatly app.
  • Options
    RaspberriesRaspberries Posts: 168 Member
    edited June 2009
    Go to the Edit Town screen and click on the Sim that you want to go live in the house, and place a copy. That seemed to work for me. Also, if you have a Sim living in another house you can merge or split up the two house(s) in that screen as well. That option seems to only work while you have an active household. Put, like the others said, it's all in the edit town screen, it just takes some getting used to. We'll all be pros in no time!