Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Freeplay (Better furniture & Upgrades) vs. Sims4 (Improvement is still missing)

suepixelssuepixels Posts: 161 Member
edited February 2016 in The Sims FreePlay
Honestly I ended up with Sims 4 & I love it BUT yet I miss so much stuff!

First I played Sims Social on Facebook "for those who know" I loved it after it was shut down by EA I was deeply sad & switched to Sims Freeplay & here lies the catch:

When I bought Sims4 I was deeply dissapointed with the PC Version. I expected far more than that what I was offered. Actually I was angry at myself that I paid so much & this is all what I get? Really? That was my first impression! Sims 4 became better with the stuff packs & extensions. I was always hoping next time with the next pack it will be better. But honestly? Sims Freeplay offers currently by far outstanding stuff with incredible cool designs that it makes me angry to see that I spent so much money on a pc game & a mobile app game is better! For example:

Challenges
  • Puppy challenge " dogs & cats"
  • " Tropical Island" with Wedding Ceremony, Sunbeds, tons of new matching cool outdoor furniture & beach wear
  • Current Event " Urban Furniture" super cool fancy stylish furniture!
  • constant cool hip designs for clothes & hairstyles (women, kids, adults: including Winter themed stuff - seniors need improved but hey not bad!)
  • More cool stuff will be provided for sure!

Previous challenges provided stuff for toddlers (including new interactions), improvement on cool balcony interior & exterior designs..just to mention few, I mean even the famous Barcelona Chairs are provided with the basegame... & many other stylish designed things are in Freeplay already within the basegame given. Yeah some are combined with the opportunity where you have to purchase in order to get it or you wait like forever until you earn it.

Sure it has it's lack as well (Realtime Deal, takes everything long, sometimes even if you work hard on challenges you don't achieve them & the awesome price is gone & you are mad), yet it offers far more than SIMS 4 will provide & it's a "free game" well designed for micropayments & mobile devices (Sure, I'm convinced they make a huge amount of money with it). They earn a lot of money for a reason: Because the provided content is incredible.

Of course it's not Maxis who creates the content for Freeplay it's Firemonkeys Studios from Australia, so they do an insane outstanding job for mobile devices. EA you need someone like them for the next Sims Series may Firemonkeys could create content even for the next PC Sim5 Generation? B)

So yeah where is that kind of content now in Sims4?: Missing!!!! :p
  • only basic furniture ( a little spiced up thanks to stuff packs - ooooooooh, incredible;))
  • no toddlers (Really? Yep unfortunatley... no tiny kiddos... silence from EA)
  • no bed in basic colors ( What the heck? Black & White should be basegame, nope it isn't)
  • no dogs or cats ( sad, well we have to deal with it)
  • few jobs only & no active interactions like in e.g. Get to work! ( bad, yeah even with the extension pack (just 3 I could cry) not enough:)
  • Tropical Beach ( may in progress for this summer? Who knows..., may not)
  • cool furniture, modern, sleek, desgin, stylish (I am dreaming, switched to custom content - EA offers partly poor designs... ( will something happen here? Who knows? But gamers do create outstanding cool stuff - Stuff you really want - so e.g. Meinkatzcreations, Wondymoon thumbs up for guys like you EA should contact some of you successful custom content creators & work with you!
  • windows (without frames would be awesome pure glass guess it won't be privided at all), doors, curtains for highest walls, something cool & stylish would be great (may never)
  • Floors & Walls? (needs a big new upgrade, EA - well nope you might not going to provide more cool shapes & styles...even though I wish

In my personal opinion I'm doing a review & this how I view it:

All in all this what you get if you pay for SIMS 4 "Deluxe" in Germany for a price of 60 € as a base game & now add prices for each pack:
  • Outdoor Retreatment 20 € (okay - kind of boring after a while I'm not the outdoor girl so a beach world would have been better)
  • Get to work 40 € (could have been more at least 6 instead 3jobs "excluding "Retail" provided especially for that price, deeply dissapointed)
  • Luxury Stuff 10 € ( a bit good, some okay but the style was not luxury in my opinon "over the top" luxury back in time 80'ties not so sexy... & luxury, waste of money)
  • Perfect Patio 10 € (incredible so worth the money)
  • Spa Day 20 € ( this was awesome, I loved it finally good stuff)
  • Kitchen Stuff 10 € (nice stuff, but expected modern counters...) It bothers me that the appliances do not match by color with basegame appliances sigh... e.g. Icecream machine is not given in blue to match fridge, stove etc.
  • Get to Together 40 € (only stuff 4 tall hights I missed... but overall " guess after improving" you provided cool stuff, great & worth the money)
  • Spooky Stuff 10 € (okay - missed some further spooky stuff)
  • Movie Hangout Stuff 10 € I like the Boho stuff, TV is cool but a Movie Theater Venue would be incredible too.. ( so yeah it's cute & nice)
  • Romantic Garden Stuff 10 € ( for that money - absolutly worth it, yet I would have prefered other stuff first

This does't exist in Sims4 nor in Sims Freeplay but I wish:
  • Matching colors is a horror! Lot of stuff you want to put together they do not match by color because they don't have the same color swatch even it belongs to the same collection and you can tell. After you are done it looks like a collection from a bulky waste & honestly if you have a good taste you can even find matching items in real life but not within the build mode in Sims 4. So a color wheel is badly missing - as seen in videos from Sims 3 but this is not provided yet badly needed. The player should be in charge to design the world how we want it.
  • Stairs for the pool would be incredible
  • I would love to have that tool how you can raise or lower terrain as seen in Sims 3 Videos
  • Higher individual plateaus (foundation) within a room so that you can have a higher platform where you have to step on & you can place e.g. a bed a dining table etc within a room. as you can do outside with the foundations where you can add stairs
  • options to remove some parts of lower or higher walls (cut out options)

Summary: Total spendings so far: 240 € WOW & this only for SIMS 4 (2014 - 2016) yet not done! To be continued....
Summary: Sims Freeplay 80 € within 6 years + "far better updates" no further investment beside time of course, lol

For a total value of 240 € so far still lot is missing! Step up EA! Seriously this a lot of money!

Hmmm... compared to all those facts that Sims Freeplay is "Free" I guess I should have sticked with Freeplay - yeah I did spend some money here as well but not even close to that what I have spent on Sims4. Don't get me wrong I try to stay as objective as possible as I can & I love Sims but seriously it needs improvement it's not worth the amount of money especially if you compare Sims4 to Sims Freeplay... in my personal view.

Sims 5! Me????
Well, honestly I don't know I may stick with Sims4 because if the content is provided as it is currently I won't be willing to invest such an anmout of money again in a game where I don't get the benefits I desire. Playing Sims means to me: That I can have a life outside the real world with all what real life provides but I can't have it in real life so that's why I play Sims, this is the reason why I play a strategic life simulation game. EA may you should consider people like my in your definition of a "target group"

Just my thoughts on that... I think EA could if they they would want to step up & improve because there is enough feedback which EA is getting & yeah somewhat you listen to us but you can do a far better job EA.
Happy Simming!

PS: What do you think about my insight? Is that fair if you compare both Sims games for mobile devices & pc version which are both provided by EA but the different partners provide different qualities of content for same game: The Sims! Which is actually bad for the main game if the provided content is better for a freeplay version vs.paid version. Let me know :)
Passionate Sim-Architect & Storyteller on Tumblr. If u can imagine u can make it happen B)
Industrial, Steampunk & Modern Architecture. Yup Simmies, too!

EA ID suepixels | Tags #suepixels
Sue's Architecture | Sue's Stories | Wedding Stuff Pack Ideas
Tumblr: suepixels | Twitter suepixels
Post edited by suepixels on

Comments

• Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    I thought of this the other day. I constantly see Sims Freeplay with really awesome and cool stuff whilst Sims 4 is kinda lacking. I assume that perhaps it's easier adding all this stuff to a mobile game or they're saving something really huge for TS4 and we just got to wait. I don't play Freeplay because I don't like waiting real 8 hours for my sims to sleep or whatever but it looks tempting compared to 4. I hope they start to implement more better stuff in TS4 (though I've found their ideas for EPs, GPs and Sps to be pretty creative so far) compared to Freeplay.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    suepixelssuepixels Posts: 161 Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't think it's easier adding this stuff to a mobile game - they have the same programming issues they need to do first before releasing but what I critize is the lack regarding design & options... the designs by Firemonkey are by far more stylish & modern compared to the designs in Sims 4. It seems as if EA focuses only on designs for kids but not considering that millions of grown people do play Sims especially those who grew up with the Sims. Nice cool furniture & even clothing designs are pretty much lacking in Sims 4 beside the few packs which do have some nice designs... but it's not enough if you want to play this game in a long run. You will switch sooner or later to Custom content if you love designs...

I mean is it really so hard to open up the worldwide known magazines for fashion & interior design - set a plan what is going to be within basegame "with some all time classics designs & modern designs" & cool designs for the packs. If Firemonkey can do that for Freeplay why can't Maxis provide that kind of quality for a PC Game (which is even more exensive)? Is Maxis even up-to-date? I mean Firemonkeys does a better job - it's visible. Does Maxis know what a "modern" design is? Just asking if I compare them I think Firemonkeys knows it better... if you see their challenges... Maxis is not bad, don't get me wrong but I guess EA is not providing the right ideas for the realisation even though the sims community tells & shows what we desire...
    Passionate Sim-Architect & Storyteller on Tumblr. If u can imagine u can make it happen B)
    Industrial, Steampunk & Modern Architecture. Yup Simmies, too!

EA ID suepixels | Tags #suepixels
    Sue's Architecture | Sue's Stories | Wedding Stuff Pack Ideas
    Tumblr: suepixels | Twitter suepixels
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Two different studios:

Sims Free Play: FireMonkey
    The Sims 4: Maxis

'Nuff said.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Firemonkeys are experts in games for mobile platforms and they have made a huge number of such games. They have also made a few games for consoles but never a PC game.

There are different reasons for Freeplay(TSF) being a more adult game with harder quests and gameplay - and also a game with much more advanced babies, toddlers and more:
    1. It depends on some of the simmers to voluntarily pay for speeding some of the quests up. Otherwise it wouldn't give EA a profit and EA would close it down as EA did with the Sims Social.
    2. Most of the people who pay for things in TSF are probably adults while TS4 is mainly meant to be a game for young teens.
    3. EA needs to let Firemonkeys make new interesting quests with new content all the time or people will stop paying EA. So as long as this is profitable EA will continue to do this.
    4. TS4 is a T rated game for teens and teens need new SPs, GPs and EPs all the time or they are likely to stop playing. To even further reducing this risk EA now also release free content for TS4 all the time. Fast gameplay and new content all the time is what teens want for their game. Funny walks, angry poops and so on is also meant for young teens to make them laugh.

TS4 is too simplified and childish for me to play. So I prefer the harder and more adult TSF game.