Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to place roof?

Yeah, I know. Sounds like a dumb question, but for the life of me I can't seem to place a roof on second story building. I removed the roof from a one story but because the family is growing, I decided to build a second story rather than move the family. So I got the walls up around the 2nd story but when I try to place roof, it wants to go on the floor of the 2nd story. Can someone help me please? I really wish EA would have an "auto-roof" feature like in the other sims games, don't you? And hey! Dontcha love the new wishing well?! You can even gain skill points! Happy thought! Sorry, LOL, went off topic there :-)

Comments

• Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited February 2016
    MysticOne wrote: »
    Yeah, I know. Sounds like a dumb question, but for the life of me I can't seem to place a roof on second story building. I removed the roof from a one story but because the family is growing, I decided to build a second story rather than move the family. So I got the walls up around the 2nd story but when I try to place roof, it wants to go on the floor of the 2nd story. Can someone help me please? I really wish EA would have an "auto-roof" feature like in the other sims games, don't you? And hey! Dontcha love the new wishing well?! You can even gain skill points! Happy thought! Sorry, LOL, went off topic there :-)

You'll need to go raise the floors up all the way (Page Up - as if you were making a third floor) and raising the walls may help as well (Home). Then grab the roof you want and place it like you're placing an object (use < > to rotate if needed) then you can push and pull the sides to fit how you want. I hope that helps, if you're still confused I'd be more than happy to post screenshots for you :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    Thank you ByondTime. I'll go back and try it again like you said. I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Adding roofs is probably the only thing in Build Mode that I don't like compared to other games. I really miss the auto roof feature. Really, really miss it.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    Thank you NZ! I think That's what I need. It seems kind of complicated. I'll give that link a check out!
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    You're welcome. Carl's Guide is my go-to place actually. I usually find what I need on there! :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    MysticOne wrote: »
    Thank you ByondTime. I'll go back and try it again like you said. I really appreciate it!

No problem! :3 Have fun!
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    azures456azures456 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the exact same problem, but I do not quite understand. Can someone kinda dumb it down for me I'm new to the game so it would be a big help. (I am also playing on x-box, idk if that makes a difference btw)