Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 3 keeps crashing on my Mac

After I try and play Sims 3 and open it from Origin, it has been crashing but I can still hear the startup menu. I have tried calling EA support and nobody knows how to fix it.. Please help! :(

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Hi there. Which model Mac do you have (MacBook Air, Pro, iMac, something else), and from About This Mac, what year, processor, graphics, and how much RAM?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    Sorry but I am having the same issues on my laptop and it's most certainly not a mac, so this is EA's attempt at fixing something and breaking our games once again. And my laptop isn't even a year old yet! I get to the loading screen just fine, choose the save I wish to play, it loads to the end of the green bar and crashes continuously. I have cleared caches, restarted the pc and the game 6 times (and for the record my pc stats are well above the game requirements. The game was playing just fine, all eps/sps, store content, settings on high with a few on medium.
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @TnT_Terry = I'm sorry you're having problems, but that can't be the same issue as the original poster. Origin for Mac isn't exactly the same program as Origin for Windows and Mac users do not have a Patch 1.69 to deal with. I'm suspected a hardware issue with the Mac user but we don't have enough information to go on yet.

In your case, are you on Patch 1.69 as of recently? If so, are you certain that you are selecting all of the EP/SPs you expect to have in play for the save you are trying to load? They have a reputation for unchecking themselves in between game sessions, thus leaving saved games that depend on some of them unable to load.

If that's not it, all EPs are selected, and you patched up with your game folder in place (as most who weren't expecting an Origin based patch would), the next step would be to pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents to your Desktop for safekeeping, thus forcing the game to create a new one on startup. You won't have any downloaded store or custom content, mods, installed worlds, sims, or saved games that way, but they would all be safe back in the pulled folder. Can you get a new test game started and saved on the clean folder?

You might want to report results into a new thread if you would like to continue so as not have two unrelated support conversations taking place in the same one.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    Wow that was quick. Yes I did have a few issues with 1.69 (ingame gifting andsimporting, but continuously changing my avatar in game allows them to work now, yeah a royal pain in the arsie!). This just began last week and I have tested other games on here to be sure it wasn't due to a windows update or other. But it seems to have happened right after I signed into origin and it updated. But this is all getting so bothersome when I have to spend my spare time trying to fix a game I can't play because I end up spending all my free time going through this madness. It takes forever clean stuff up even with just creating a new folder! Store stuff is a regular nightmare to have to reinstall. I don't have cc, mods or anything else for that matter other than the games and store stuff, and I still don't find time to\play because everytime ea supposedly fixes one thing they break 50+ other things! I am honestly getting to the point of giving up on a game I have loved for 16 years now. But my once loved enjoyable sandbox and my escape from the stresses of life, has become the complete opposite anymore, EA is simply destroying it all for me sadly :(
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png